Help with PADI CCard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juanancy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm not new to the scuba diving world. I have a big problem. I obtained my PADI certification in 1976 at the age of 16. I have over 1200 hours of diving experience and more than 900 dives. I used to live in the state of NH(USA) from 1983 to 1999. I moved to Fl(USA) in 1999 and lost my PADI certification card along with my diving log with all my hours. I called PADI and they told me they don't have any records for any Juan Colon in their files since 1963. They said they look in their microfiche system and nothing. They asked me for a certificate or my master's diver's name. How in the word I'm going to provide that information, they're asking for 39 years back, and I don't remember. what can I do at this point? Any Help?

Not sure if it'll help but there is the PADI record locate site link. Hopefully the guy you called just spelt your name wrong or something while searching.

Unless you can get hold of -- or at least remember the name of -- your original dive shop or instructor, PADI is your only hope.
Common problems are different names, middle initials missing or present, misspellings (e.g., Colon or Colan), birthdate errors (4 May or 5 April, both are "4/5"). Give PADI as much info as you can.

Do you have a log book you've kept?

If you have a decent log book, you can go through something like the Accomplished Diver program in SDI and get one of their OW cards. PADI no longer has such an entry route.

If you don't have at least a log book, you have nothing. It is all just talk. Start over.

Good luck.

If it's been a real long time since you have been a diving, going through another course will probably be good for you anyway. 1976 WAS a long time ago. That was before the first personal computers were even being sold! :)

if neither you nor PADI has a record of your certification, your only choice to get back in the water is to is to take the open water class again.

on the bright side, you can do all the academics online now, and then find a local instructor to do the in water work with you.

You should be able to breeze right through it, and it will also serve as a good refresher.

Back
Top Bottom