Help with new Wetsuit....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuttymi2

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my first wetsuit off ebay (kinda stupid., I know)..... it's a brandnew hammerhead wetsuit...
The size should make it too big for me, but it's tight (I can't really get in to it)

Is this something normal that will end up stretching the more I wear it?

I think I saw something say when you get a new suit you should shower in it to help it stretch... is that true?

Thanks

-Joseph

If it is too small for you to even get into then it is probably not going to work for you, im sure someone will be along with a much better answer.

Don't let it discourage you from getting stuff off of ebay if it doesnt fit. I bought one suit from there and I could not get into it at all, so I resold it and got almost what I paid for it. The next suit I bought was a two piece with gloves and hood (6mm) all for only $50. The only problem is that the farmer john is a little too short to go over my shoulders but I can wear it with the jacket just fine.

Thanks Chris and dlndavid

I can put it on... but it's just hard... I haven't zipped it up yet.

Might help if I zip it up and just walk around abit.

Thanks again for the help.

-Joseph

Put it back on e-bay and sell it.....a very tight wetsuit can be dangerous, especially the neck area that can constrict the jugular veins. This could cause you to pass out, which = drowning! Then go into your LDS and try on a wetsuit and pay the price needed to find one that fits properly.!!!!!

I just got my first wetsuit off ebay (kinda stupid., I know)..... it's a brandnew hammerhead wetsuit...
The size should make it too big for me, but it's tight (I can't really get in to it)

Is this something normal that will end up stretching the more I wear it?

I think I saw something say when you get a new suit you should shower in it to help it stretch... is that true?

Thanks

-Joseph[/QUOTE]

You will never be comfortable in that suit. Bite the bullet, lesson learned. Time for a new suit. I think next to a bad reg, a poor fitting wetsuit is one of the worst things to have in your kit.

I agree with Bigsage. Bite the bullet, lesson learned, it doesn't fit so sell it and get something that does. A tight wetsuit will make you miserable, I swear.

I haven't zipped it up yet (will try it again later tonight, kinda rushed when I tried)... I think the neck will be fine.

If not, I will ring around the local shops over the weekend and see what they got.

nuttymi2:
I haven't zipped it up yet (will try it again later tonight, kinda rushed when I tried)... I think the neck will be fine.

If not, I will ring around the local shops over the weekend and see what they got.

Make sure it does not restrict your breathing. If it helps you exhale it's too small. Look for full range of motion, touch your toes, reach up, cross your arms to opposite shoulders, mime reaching for your tank valve. Close like a glove can be very good, tight with compression is bad.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom