Help with ikelite housing and Canon G10.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Spider my Eagle friend. As I can see, Jean sent your mail information to the technical dpt to contact you, Ikelite is making an effort to solve the problem. Let us know how they finally will deal with this issue.
As far I know, the Ikelite customer support is prestigious, but of course, is better not to need it. In that point I can understand your concern.
Thanks for your best wishes with my purchase. The stuff is on the way to Chile. I can't wait to receive it, and go underwater to take pictures again.
Mi amigo, creo que el que Ikelite reconozca el problema y trate de ayudarlo, es lo que esperamos de una compañia con el prestigio que Ikelite tiene. Permítale demostrar su buen servicio, y coméntenos si ha quedado conforme.
Las buenas marcas no solo se caracterizan por fabricar buenos productos, tambien se les pide que ante algun problema, respondan adecuadamente, y es lo que hasta ahora veo de Jean.
Un abrazo,

We certainly intend for every housing to be useable 100%. Every product is tested here repeatedly before it is shipped out. We do not send out products that we feel to be only "sort of working" or in any way sub-par. Unfortunately certain variables can lead to unexpected problems in the field, which we cannot effectively prevent.

Thank you always for your continued support.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

What matters is that I have and can not be used it. They said they will send me something to repair and still waiting.

Irrosel, not need to write me in Spanish. I fully understand the English language.

Thank you.

I just tried to be polite with you, and for me is easiest to write in spanish because, as you can see, I'm chilean, and spanish is our language.
I'm sorry if I offended you in some way.

Excuse for being rude Irosell . But this whole issue is just driving me crazy. The housing is not a toy for me, is my working tool. I take photos of tourists who visit the island.

I use for six month the Canon WP-DC28 with no problem. But I thought I was improving by buying the Ikelite.

I do know that the vast majority of you have been fortunate to never have problems with Ikelite. And I congratulate them.
This was my first purchase with them and I was in a bad bad luck I guess.

Ikelite told me they will send somethig for repair it.. Still waiting.

Alf.

I totally sympathize with you Alf, most of us just use our cameras for fun. It's a lot different to work with it.
I really believe that you was incredible unlucky. I hope Ikelite will honor their good reputation with you.
Keep us updated.

Luis

I received some additives to repair on my own. I dare not do it and that it floods the camera.
I'll send it to people ikelite for them to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom