Help with go pro 3 underwater settings with red filter, Caribbean, 30-80 ft. Protune?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valéry;6769120:
Here's the 1st movie I shoot/edited with my GPH3B.
No filter, no color correction, I only used my primary as a light source.

Wreck tanker penetration, projet 001 final-court-FB. on Vimeo

Very interesting video. I must admit I got a little freaked out watching when you had NO visibility!!!! I think I stick with high visibility! Impressive the calm control you have in those conditions...

Very cool, nice low light quality, vis certainly not the caribbean for sure, LOL! Not much marine life down there, good to see you guys follow all the safety measures. Only wreck diving I have done was in Papua New Guinea and the vis was amazing as you can imagine. Thanks for sharing your vid, enjoyed it and good job!:rofl3:

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 09:59 AM ----------

Agree,the vis was a little non existent for sure and all the scum floating around was interesting but cool!

Agreed this is not the best movie for Lebanon's tourism :) except for this wreck we have clear blue water and I'll put a nice 40m blue viz movie when I have something interesting.

Being safe is not an option, we didn't know what was inside so we expected the worse, if we haven't deployed a line it would have been impossible to find our way out.

As for the Gopro, yes I'm impressed with the low light performance, there is no graining at all even with the lowest light and viz.

Here is a "wreck" type dive with GoPro HD2, SRP camera ray, SRP Blurfix, URPro CY filter, 1080 30 fps med fov, Intova TovaTech 500L and Magicshne 1000L as pointer. One thing I noticed and plan to use in the future, is that reflected light, i.e. bounced off a wall or structure lights up the closed area well, maybe better than directly pointing at the sublect of interest. Avoids the hot spot. I'll be videoing this summer trying it out. However, I did buy some 120 degree lights.

IMHO, faster frame rates is like faster shutter speed and the image is crisper but may have less saturation. Even if in rendering, it is reduced to a lower fps, it will be less blurry.

[video=vimeo;59352989]http://vimeo.com/59352989[/video]

This was shot with the hero 3 Black at 1080-60 fps (medium width) with a MAKO red filter. Depths for the head mounted camera vary from 0 to around 70 ft.

You can see that the red filter is not your friend on the surface. It can (and should) be removed at the surface, but with a head mount and snorkeling..that was not practical...

[video=youtube_share;w9e-n6vZsFo]http://youtu.be/w9e-n6vZsFo[/video]

Have you ever tried "ice diving", not sure I am too keen, besides I am warm water girl:wink:

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

Beautiful! Loved the inside shots, water so clear, nice job!!

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

Grand Caymen - YouTube

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

Hope you like it, Grand Caymen, fun caves we cruised around in.

Wow very cool video..

Have you ever tried "ice diving", not sure I am too keen, besides I am warm water girl:wink:

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

Beautiful! Loved the inside shots, water so clear, nice job!!

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

Grand Caymen - YouTube

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

Hope you like it, Grand Caymen, fun caves we cruised around in.

Beautifull shoot, did you hold your GP with you hand or did you fixe it somewhere?

Thanks, was fun, can't wait to go back.....need more time to gather more footage!

---------- Post added June 13th, 2013 at 09:39 AM ----------

All hand held, have a mount but haven't had a chance to use it yet, hopefully soon. Like to go back to Hawaii...parents live there so have a crash pad!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom