Help with buying a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishmonkey1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I was recently certified, and I want to start gathering my own gear. I figured that a wetsuit was definitely a good place to start. When I got certified, I used a Bare 7mm Sport Full Wetsuit, with a hood, and it worked very well for the cold water I was diving in. My question is whether it would be better to just get a 5mm wetsuit and a hooded vest (not sure what thickness), that way I could wear both for colder dives, and then for the warmer more tropical dives remove the hooded vest, and just wear a hood (without the vest) that I already have. I feel like it would allow for more choices depending on where I go to dive.

Does it sound like a good idea to you guys? If you have another idea, please tell me!

---------- Post added December 27th, 2012 at 03:08 PM ----------

anybody?

Last edited:
get a mod 707 ist simi for about $200 low comp neoprene great arm and leg seals if rolled under for your 77 to 80 water buy a 3mm for less than $100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom