Help with boots for fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I normaly dive in a drysuit and I use xl jetfins with lg/xl manta springs. I have a size 11 foot. I'm going on vacation to cozumel and I wanted to use my fins but they are a little to big on me with my regular wet boots. Can you guys recomend a large pair of booties. I dont mean just buying size 13 instead of size 11. I mean the boots themselves are large/steardy.
Thanks, Stas

Henderson Insta Dry have a pretty substantial sole structure, so they tend to be larger than average booties. I had to go up a size in fins when a switched to them. I have a size 9.5 foot and XL Jets fit. BARELY. Be sure to bring your fins when you try on the boots!

Many other advantages to the insta dry, also... no stink, and they actually dry in under a week, unlike most others!

Some people just have multiple sets of jetfins.

Well, it's a matter of if eating is important to you? Look for a pair used, probably cost you as much as a new boot.

Xs scuba with the felt bottom , and there better traction on coral for shore diving .

High Tide Ranger boots ... full lug sole - problem is they cost almost as much as a new pair of Jets :wink: btw - doubt you'd fit a size 11 in a large Jet anyway. Nearly any hard soled 7mil boot in a size 11 should fit snugly in an XL Jet IIR.

Another option is a pair of "Chuch Taylors" or similar high top canvas sneaker. A size 11 fits in an XL (if you trim the side striping just a little)

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom