help with belize please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this time of the year DO get trip insurance. Dive insurance as well of course, but insurance in case a storm does look like coming and you're evacuated from the island. It's already happened twice in the past few weeks and it may well happen again. But remember - if you leave it too late and there is a storm on the horizon the insurance companies won't play. You MUST get it well in advance when there is nothing obviously happening - at just the time you probably feel you don't need it!

Steve was warning you to check that any dive center you may be thinking of using will actually be operating, as some use that time to pull boats out of the water, rebuild docks, or other work incompatible with running dive trips. Others simply close to reduce overheads at a time when they know there's very little business around.

Ok I am a beliver. I normally do not buy trip insurance, But then again I dont usually travel during hurrican season. I do have DAN for diving. I went online and found trip insurance. But it is a little confusing. Any recommendation on what I need? Am I just looking to cover the cost of the trip or is there a cetain coverage that protects me in case of an evacuation? Thanks again for all the advise. I know a lot more now than I did.

Just posted a trip report in General Central America that might speak to some of your questions.
Craig-

Craig

Thanks that helped. Have my insurance, Bags are packed BC inflated ready to go

Love the whole Adian Belew / K Crimson thing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom