Help with arms etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lopez116

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just purchased my first strobe (YS 110a) for my G10 (canon housing as well). I am trying to do this as inexpensively as possible. I bought a ULCS tray on eBay and a ULCS clamp. I am confused about which ULCS arm to buy. What length? How many? And the buoyant kind or not?

Any help would be appreciated.

I use a single 5 inch arm for that type of setup. How negative is your housing now. If it is really negative get a floaty if not no worries.
Bill

Two short arms will give you more flexibility for macro work on a housed SLR system, not really sure about your set up but I am sure Bill's advice is good since he works for Bluewater Photo :wink:

Best to keep it as simple as possible

I had eight inch arms, a single arm on each side, but recently went to a single five inch arm on each side on my last trip. I have two Inon D2000 strobes on my FIX/S90 rig. Thing is that while the arms are only five inches, the connectors and the ball adapter on the strobes add an additional several inches. I have found it to be sufficient for my use, mostly wide angle and yet more compact for handling.

N

With a G10 most likely you are not going to do any wide angle so you can go with a 3" + 5" for maximum flexibility you don't need mode
A 12 segment locline would do fine too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom