HELP! Which regs have you use and prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downunder_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, so, I'm looking at getting regs soon. :06:
I cant see that there's a big difference between the 4 which i'm now deciding between! (except for price) :11:
Apeks ATX40
Apeks ATX50
Aqualung Titan LX Supreme
Aqualung Legend LX Supreme
Any thoughts? pls include reliability, ease of servicing, depth and temp limits etc.
Thanks! :D
Emilie

When diving, Zeeman chooses to use Zeagle DS-V - however, your choices are good ones, you REALLY can't go wrong. really. I can't comment on servicing, but as far as I know, both Aqualung and Apeks have good worldwide coverage. Do a search on your choices and oyu may find some other bits of info that you may find useful.

Z...

You have compared a few regs here that are not in the same class as the others. The titan while a good reg, I would say is the least high-performance in the bunch.
As for the Apeks, you can't go wrong. The only difference in the 40 and the 50 is the user adjustment knob. The only difference it makes is that it allows your reg to be more finely tuned. At depth it may begin to trickle, and the knob alleviates the problem. The legend is the top of the bunch. It is a great breather that is unmatched by the others. You may also pay for it and if you are not using it to its capabilities you may be disappointed.

As for service all of these come with a lifetime parts warranty.

If you are looking at Apeks and the Legend how about the Apeks ATX200? It that is not an option I'd go with the Legend.

thanks guys!
Yeah would love an atx200 or even 100, just way outside the budget!
I live in Sydney and have decided, after sitting on the fence for ages to buy from Leisure Pro. I wont get warranty but I wont have it anyway, living in australia! And seeing as it'll be half price, if anything goes wrong i can still buy a brand new one and not pay more than i would have here. See i'm convincing myself again!
So at the moment it looks like i'll be going with the legend lx supreme. Is the legend octo good to get with that?
thanks again!
safe diving :)
Emilie

I have the ATX 50 and would recommend it to anyone. The price difference from the ATX 40 was minimal here.

downunder_diver:
thanks guys!
Yeah would love an atx200 or even 100, just way outside the budget!
I live in Sydney and have decided, after sitting on the fence for ages to buy from Leisure Pro. I wont get warranty but I wont have it anyway, living in australia! And seeing as it'll be half price, if anything goes wrong i can still buy a brand new one and not pay more than i would have here. See i'm convincing myself again!
So at the moment it looks like i'll be going with the legend lx supreme. Is the legend octo good to get with that?
thanks again!
safe diving :)
Emilie

I have the Legend and really like it so far. You need a balanced Octo with the "rising IP" first of the Legend. The Legend Octo is expensive but just like the Legend (non LX) second. You could also look at the Apeks Egress. From what I heard it is an excellent "hocky puck" style octo, if you like that style. Same quality as other APEKS octos. You could also use any of them.

Hi,
I dive the Legend LX. I had a cold water experiance that I thought you would like to hear about. I was diving in Colorado with 3 other divers, they had various regs. The water temp was 39deg F! well, all three other divers had troubles with their rigs freezing up. The Legend LX did not. At that moment I was very happy I bought this reg.

Thanks, Rick

I have an Oceaninc Delta first stage and Oceanic and Dive Rite second stages. Works pretty well. I am about to buy a pair of Apeks or Dive Rite first stages. Not sure what second stages I will buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom