Help! Want to dive in Tortola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divecouple

Registered
Reaction score
We are going to be in Tortola next week via cruise ship and cant find a dive operator to dive with. I have had a reservation with Dive Tortola for a month and they emailed me yesterday and cancelled us because they took on another group of cruise line passangers and are now all full!

They are going to the Rhone which we weren't really interested in. We'd rather go to some of the more interesting coral sites etc. I have tried UBS and Dive BVI and had no luck there either. I thought I was all set with my reservation and now 4 days before we leave we have no diving!! Can anyone recommend any other operator in Tortola??

divecouple:
We are going to be in Tortola next week via cruise ship and cant find a dive operator to dive with.
=============================
See if Kurt McBride is still running his operation from the island across from the Bitter End Yacht Club. Been quite a few years but dove with him 2 summers in a row and he really knew the waters around Tortola. I think his operation was called McBrides Underwater Adventures ...

'Slogger

My bad ...it's Kilbrides Underwater Tours !! Kurt is a HOOT. A real "Pirate"

Here's the link to his site:

http://www.sunchaserscuba.com/

Although after reading it over it appears that Kurt may have gone to Davy Jone's Locker since I was last there.

'Slogger

We used Blue Water Divers on our trip to Tortola last September and were pleased with them. The diving highlight of the trip was the RMS Rhone. I'm not a huge wreck fan, but the history of the wreck, combined with the fish and marine life on and near the wreck, made for a very enjoyable 2 tank dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom