help... Turneffe or Glover's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi... am planning 2 weeks in Belize... 1 week of dive, 1 week topside. Can't decide between staying on Turneffe or Glover's. Turneffe Flats has a great deal right now--- but how far is it from Glover's by boat, would a dive boat from there go to Glover's? (Is Glover's really really good diving?) My thinking is that Turneffe is in the middle of everything, so shorter boat rides to the Blue Hole.

I looked into the Glover's resorts... one too basic for me, the other too expensive :)

Any advice? Thank you much!!

Both are excellent choices I personally prefer Glovers but if you stay at Turneffe you get to dive both Lighhouse Reef and Turneffe so you dive 2 of the 3 atolls.

I am not sure Turneffe flats will travel to Glovers as its too far south

If you can get a good deal I would stick with Turneffe

Gaz Cooper

The other choice is to come to Placencia and dive Glovers and other areas from Placencia. Th.is will work well with your topside objective. Forty % of Belize is protected by reserves and parks and the majority of these are in the south half of Belize. There is good access to these from Placencia so you can intermingle the topside adventures with diving depending on weather conditions day to day - do topside on bad weather days and dive on good weather days. Belize Metrological service provides 4 day forecasts so you can sort of plan a little way ahead (they are forecasts rather than promises). Good diving from Placencia in addition to Glovers. You can check us out at Splashbelize.com (but note we are doing a new website that is not on line yet which reflects a significant change in our business including addin dive boats and starting construction of a new dive center building at a new marina. You could also e-mail Patty patricia@splashbelize.com

Flip a coin. They're both pretty unreal. I could spend a week diving within a mile of the Elbow. One of the "fishiest" spots I've dived.
The water on the south end of Glovers (the only part I've seen) is so blue and clear...just like in the brochures. I saw a school of 250 or so large permit while I was free diving the southwest corner on the dropoff.
I stayed with Marisol Resort. The rooms are basic. 4 walls, bathroom/shower, nice lanai. No sandflies at all. Don't know how they pulled that off but it's true.
Good food, nice people and nice boats. Nitrox too.
I haven't stayed at any resorts on Turneffe but they look a little more upscale. But if one is choosing the outer atholls, it's usually for the diving and when I'm in that mode, all I do is dive, eat and sleep. I couldn't care less what the inside of my room looks like.

Hi... am planning 2 weeks in Belize... 1 week of dive, 1 week topside. Can't decide between staying on Turneffe or Glover's. Turneffe Flats has a great deal right now--- but how far is it from Glover's by boat, would a dive boat from there go to Glover's? (Is Glover's really really good diving?) My thinking is that Turneffe is in the middle of everything, so shorter boat rides to the Blue Hole.

I looked into the Glover's resorts... one too basic for me, the other too expensive :)

Any advice? Thank you much!!

While my preference would be Turneffe Flats Resort (never been to Glover's, but did Ambergris years ago), I wouldn't go there simply because it is closer to the Blue Hole (you are only going to want to do that once per trip), but I would do Flats for their great deal, and for the access they have to some of the reefs that are less visited by both the live-aboards and the resorts further South of it. Plus, Flats offers three dive per day, every day (including your Blue Hole day), not sure about the others.

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom