HELP! Suunto Stinger problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocka

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone please help me understand what is causing all the info of my Suunto stinger to appear on the screen? I sent it to our LDS (authorized Suunto dealer) to have the batteries changed coz i noticed that it was dead already. my last dive was may 2013 and had my battery changed last october. when i got it back, that was what i got. the lds just told me that it was like that already when they changed the batteries and the pressure check was accurate. they also noticed mild rusting on the buttons at the side. please HELP..

this is what it looks like:

i suspect based on your description that the o rings on the buttons have developed a small leak and some moisture has entered the unit. These o rings should be replaced every two years I believe, it's done at the factory. If they have not been changed, that show a possible cause. If I recall, Stingers are supposed to be sent to the factory for servicing. In any event, if it does not come out of this, it's a terminal failure and can only be retired or sent back to Suunto for repair. Call Suunto and they can give you a better idea. I have lots of experience with these sorts of failures, and based on what you describe, I'm willing to bet the unit is dead. I'm sorry for your trouble, but Suunto is your next step.

i suspect based on your description that the o rings on the buttons have developed a small leak and some moisture has entered the unit. These o rings should be replaced every two years I believe, it's done at the factory. If they have not been changed, that show a possible cause. If I recall, Stingers are supposed to be sent to the factory for servicing. In any event, if it does not come out of this, it's a terminal failure and can only be retired or sent back to Suunto for repair. Call Suunto and they can give you a better idea. I have lots of experience with these sorts of failures, and based on what you describe, I'm willing to bet the unit is dead. I'm sorry for your trouble, but Suunto is your next step.

thank you so much for this info... i sent Suunto an email since i live in Cebu, PI. It's been 3 days now and still no reply from them aside from the auto-reply I got.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom