Help selecting appropriate doubles set up!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi babybubbles,
Like you, I too can get 2 1-hr shallow dives out of an hp80. My SAC rate is consistently under 0.3cfm. When I started my cave training in lp72s, my instructor told me that eventually I would limit myself on available buddies who considered that insufficient gas. So I did my training in lp85s, which was great. LPs with a cave-fill will give about 30% more gas over its rated pressure. As a shorty, I thought shorter tanks were better, but I discovered that longer tanks balanced out my trim better and I was less head heavy from the weight of regs, manifold, & valves. I dive double Al80s here in the Keys warmer waters in a shorty wetsuit. I always add 4lbs tail weight off the bottom bolt so Im not faceplanting all the time. I once dove lp85s in a 7mm wetsuit and felt overwhelmed with the weight, not so much in my drysuit.
. I was just chatting last night with a gf of similar height. When she started cave diving, she bought hp80 for size and then was talked into diving lp85s which she she purchased and uses exclusively now. I recommend test diving you options before committing money.

Happy Diving!
Elena

Last edited:
I use lp85's when wet. Awesome tanks

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom