Help!!! Recommendation needed regarding Sony A7III and Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know about their Sony housings, but my experience with Ikelite Canon s90/s95 housing was not too pleasant. I had flooded 2 cameras because of certain design flaws. One flaw was that the strobe ports tended to unscrew themselves out of the housing body; the other flaw was that they used 2 very short pins in the door hinge instead of a single long one. So one camera got flooded because one of the pins fell out when I surfaced after the dive.

Other resale camera sites: KEH, FredMiranda, Facebook Marketplace, EBay, Craigslist and B and H and Adorama. I have bought from many of them, with good results, but it’s buyer beware, especially Craig’slist and eBay.
The OP is in NYC now!!!! The heck with sites, he/she can go into these great toy stores :wink:

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to see some pictures of Cartagena, i hope you enjoyed your time there (although diving is not the best).

Is there anywhere where I can see some more pictures of yours with the A7iii? Also, I've been into photography for quite a long time so I'm familiar with post processing software for photo and video and the workings of the camera itself. Regarding underwater, I have used point and shoots and action cameras so thats the reason I want to bump up to more flexible set ups.

Considering buying a second hand gear was also an option but I haven't been able to find a reputable source to do this. I'm kind of skeptical of buying this type of gear online since you never know what you get until it's to late. I'm currently living in New York so if you have any recommended places to go check out some gear let me know.
You can find deals in the classified section here and over at wetpixel.

Thanks everyone for replying. Alll of the advice was great. I'm going to do some store visits and share the outcome so anyone with a similar doubt can save up some time. Will post soon with the new toy.

Back
Top Bottom