HELP! question about Nemo Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mona01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Called the shop where I bought my computer and they directed me here to post my question. Please someone hlep me!!

Does the Nemo Sport turn off at all? I've been told there either should be a way to turn it off or it should turn off on its own after around 12-24hrs after last dive. I haven't figured out how to turn it off if nor has it ever turned off automatically.

Is there a way to change the sampling interval for water temp? Again I've heard there should be a way but I haven't figured it out.

Changing the battery. I've come across some info on here that suggests the battery should be changed by an authorized dealer though best option seems to send it directly to Mares. I purchased this computer with the understanding I (the user) could change the battery or at the very least take it to a watch repair place/jeweler for replacement (I don't have an authorized dealer around the area where I live). Can anyone offer clarification....I have no idea what battery life is like with Nemo Sport, there is no low battery indicator function that I have found, don't know when I should get battery changed and am confused as to where and who should be changing my battery if not me.

thanks

Hello, I have the Puck computer and my manual clearly shows I can change my own battery although they recommend using a Mares dealer. When I looked at your manual for the Nemo Sport, it clearly states that the battery must be changed by a Mares dealer. Also, my watch shows battery status when I first turn it on. I know my comp is different, but I tried. Do you have the manual. It can be downloaded from the Mares sight.

My Puck always turns off after the no-fly period ends.

good luck

First who did you buy the watch from? And what do you mean by off-(Dive function or the watch off ?) and what does the manual say about battery replacement?

Here's what the manual says about the battery:

Replacing the battery


WARNING
The battery may only be replaced by an authorized Mares service center.


WARNING
Mares declines all responsibility in the event that the battery is NOT
replaced at an authorized Mares service center.

REPLACING

The temperture sampling interval is set at 1 minute.

I can't find anything in there about an on off function. Here's the link to the manual:
www.mares.com/download.php?id=2769

I found the battery spec while I was uploading my file, that fast somebody needs to read their manual other was they are headed for trouble then say I don't understand that part in the manual. They probably mean data rate and not temperature why do you need to change the sampling rate for temperature its not going to change that much.

PS
good work by Don Wray

Far as I know the Nemo sport is a watch-style computer, and does NOT turn off. My wife's at least does not. It just goes into a time/date display type mode only when no longer in surface interval or 'no fly' countdowns.

This differs from puck style computers which are often just console-mount computers put on wriststraps, which DO turn completely 'off' to somewhat preserve battery life when not in use. Not that LCDs are a huge battery drain anyway....

I believe there is a battery indicator symbol, but it doesn't show when the battery is 'full'. Check the page on the panel layout - down toward the bottom right corner. I seem to recall Mares' marketing literature saying the battery should last "2 to 3 years" under normal diving conditions. How many dives "normal" is isn't obvious to me...except that for the wife and I it's way too few. :(

p.s. Any shop that could sell you something like this and not know this style does not turn off, wouldn't be getting my money again. Just sayin....

Back
Top Bottom