help plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi ^_^ im doing a lab on which i have to make a scuba diving manual. i have to explain how chemistry is related and how to use equipment and all that. can anyone help me??

You could get the answers for all your questions through physics, mechanical engineering, chemistry, mathematics, and biology plus a few other classes.

BUT THAT WOULD BE THE HARD WAY! HA! HA!

Actually to give your thought process a place to start What happens to the molecular structure of the human body when moved from one environment (Gas) to a higher pressure environment (liquid). Try to figure out what changes, what is the effect ( Good Or Bad). What needs to be corrected or reversed.

By relating how the atomic structure of the human body changes and what is need to sustain it's present structure in the new enviroment would make a neat read. Besides you might land a job with Doctor Deco!

Hallmac

I think your teacher is sadistic,
to my knowledge, the proffesionals are still working it out.

But talking about changes in how gases disolve under pressure or come out of solution when not under pressure might be a place to start. :D =-) :D

It would be helpful for you to be a little more specific in what the lab requires. Do you have a worksheet that sets out exactly what your instructor requires? "how chemistry relates" and "how to use equipment" are pretty broad areas.

Click HERE to automatically download the U.S. Navy Diving Manual in .PDF format. It's 8.2MB. It will give you a very solid picture of what a diving manual is all about, and it contains sections on diving chemistry and physics, in addition to gear and all sorts of other goodies. If you review the relevant sections, you'll get a pretty good picture of what's involved. Incidentally, the table of contents is a mere 51 pages, and the actual manual exceeds 1000 pages.

Then there's the NOAA Diving Manual that weighs in at a mere 660 pages if you're not up to reading the U.S. Navy version.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom