Help, photos all green?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well...the vis wasn't *wonderful* yesterday...frank living out here u know how it is...The surface shots come out fine. I'll ahve to play with it more...6 shots does not a decision make.
Yeah, It's green around here, but if you are close enough the flash should overcome that.
Here is a comparison of a sea cucumber without flash in green water (British Columbia)
branching3.JPG
<< no flash

and one nearby with flash
branching2.JPG

There are a few pictures taken with a flash in that green water here Diving
and as you can see, the green doesn't really show if your flash is working. I was using a Sealife SL960D strobe with a Canon S1SI camera.
Do what Andrew said.. that will test our assertion that your strobe, if it is firing, is not firing at the right time and firing with a pre-flash.
We should see that mirror picture before we do any more trouble shooting.
You don't need to don your scuba gear for the mirror shot though :wink:

here is a pic i took in the mirror with the strobe...you basically can't see me at all...

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 25
as a follow up i noticed it was in the wrong mode though...i think it was in "Land" mode...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom