HELP! OPEN WATER + ADVANCED in Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(2) Assuming that it makes more sense to go to Malapascua to get my advanced open water certification, I am stuck at the question of where to go to get my open water certification.

Moalboal? Bohol? Others?

(3) Do you think that in two weeks, I can make time for another island? I am thinking of spending about 4-5 days in each island... or would I be better off spending about 6-7 days in each island?

THANK YOU!!

Mactan Dive Center has qualified instructors. Francis comes highly recommended. Then you can do a few days around the Mactan Dive areas.

If you are going to Moalboal then as Centrals suggested Nelsons / Ocean Safari is affordable, but I don't know any of the instructors personally.

Choose a dive instructor you feel comfortable with and of course can understand weather they are a local or a foreigner. Make sure the equipment if not too worn out.

If I only had 2 weeks I would do Mactan, Bohol and Moalboal. I choose Moalboal over Malapascua based on being able to do shore dives every day.

But of course if you are set on possibly seeing the Thresher Sharks then go to Malapascua for the best chances and wake up very early. I hate waking up early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom