HELP: Oceanic computer won't shut down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like "option 1" (exposing contacts to air by making ports), don't like "option 2" (sealing off contacts)

I reset the wet activation... Not too hard to do when you know what you want to do... Thanks everyone..
I doubt this will help. I have the same problem with my XR1 and XR1nx both. I have to shake them and blow on the contacts to get the water out, so the computer doesn't say H2O. I haven't had one stay wet for more than a day or so though. That sounds a little odd.

I reset the wet activation and it worked. Seems like keeping the computer in a console and wet activation might be an issue. Fixed now..

I reset the wet activation... Not too hard to do when you know what you want to do... Thanks everyone..

If that allows the computer to turn itself off when the computer still thinks it's wet.... well, I doubt it does. In which case, it's not going to help your problem. I imagine the only result will be you doing a dive where you forget to turn your computer on and you don't notice until it's too late (and you have to surface in order to get it to turn on).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom