Help nominate before 19-Aug-2008: Project Cocos Island - World Heritage Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I received this in an email from Roger Roth. Roger is the Competition Chairman and Founder of the Underwater Images International Photo Competition. Roger is an avid underwater videographer, a member of the Gavia Scuba Club (Cincinnati, OH), and on the board of the OCSSDI (Ohio Council of Skin and Scuba Divers, Inc). Roger also does underwater video production and has hosted underwater video seminars. Roger has won numerous photo competitions internationally before starting Underwater Images.

He has created a project to help focus attention on Cocos Island, Costa Rica.

-Rob

Hello All!

As you know I like to keep everyone informed about what is going on in the world of diving with my Videolights articles. There is a fantastic opportunity right now that I would like to share with everyone, and I would like to ask for your help. This will not cost you a dime and you do not need to be an American Express card holder.

For years, Cocos Island has been known as one of the top dive destinations in the world. The large schools of hammerheads and other pelagics make it a divers dream. It also is a magnet for poachers. The Island is a National Park and a UNESCO World Heritage site, but that is not enough. Current anti-poaching laws are in place, but they are not enforced. We are trying to launch a virtual Cocos Island permanent exhibit in the center of San Jose, Costa Rica. This exhibit would be housed in the National Children's Museum and will communicate the importance of the island and the need to protect it. The exhibit will be free for Costa Rica citizens, will give them a way to experience their National Park and instill a sense of responsibility for this remote island.

The project is currently being considered for a grant by America Express. This funding would make this project a reality. Please join with me in nominating this project. It will not cost you anything and you will be helping to protect one of the last wild places on earth. THERE ARE ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT TO NOMINATE THIS PROJECT, SO PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR CLUB MEMBERS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. CURRENTLY THERE IS A NECK AND NECK RACE FOR FIRST PLACE, SO YOUR VOTES WILL SURELY HELP!!!

The directions for nomination are found below, but please feel free to call or e-mail me and I will be happy to do the nominating for you.

Best Regards,

Roger Roth

You can do this even if you do not have an American Express Card!

Go to Members Project

In the upper right hand side corner you will find a box that talks about
login. In this box there is a button that says "LOGIN" click on that button
and you will be taken to a new page.

1. If you already have a login for American Express then login.
  2. If you are a cardholder but do not have a login yet click the "Create a login" which is found in the middle section
  3. If you are not a cardholder than in the last section you will see a "guest signup" option

Follow the directions/prompts to create your login name and password.

After login or signing up copy this link into your search bar
Members Project

This will take you to my Cocos Island project page

Once you are here there is a box on the right hand side that has a button
that says "Nominate." Click that button.

You have just helped to protect Cocos Island!

If you have ANY trouble with this... Please just call, or e-mail us and we
will help you do it!
1 360 570 3453 Ask for Ana or Roger (rroth2@cinci.rr.com)

Just a bump for this as the deadline is the end of the day (15 hours from now). This project is currently in second place and I'm sure that ScubaBoarders could send it into the top spot easily.

-Rob

It looks like the voting has been extended until 9/1/08. It only takes a second to register as a guest member and vote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom