Cocos Island Expedition : September 11-21, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
attachment.php

For more information please contact: Sherry Sabety, greatwhite@seasave.org, 310.494.1964

A World Heritage Site, Cocos Island National Park has been called one of the best diving spots in the world and is considered a “must do” by seasoned divers. This Island’s world-renowned waters explode with life; including innumerable white tip reef sharks, schooling hammerhead sharks, silver tips, silky and Galapagos sharks, dolphins, mantas and marbled rays, giant, sailfish, and the occasional tiger shark. Jacques Cousteau pronounced Cocos, “The most beautiful island in the world.”

attachment.php

“I am definitely a “Cocoholic” says Jay Ireland. “I can’t get enough of the high adrenaline Cocos Island action.” I never know what to expect, but I know it is going to be good. I have been lucky enough to dive some of the most fantastic destinations in the world, but nothing beats Cocos Island.”
Georgienne Bradley has worked with Jay Ireland raising awareness about this island since 1992. It was then that she brought back some of the first images of shark finning and presented them to then President Jose Maria Figueres. Awareness needed to be raised and laws changed. Postage stamps, two books and myriad magazine articles later the duo are returning to the island. Together they have logged over 3,000 dives at Cocos and contributed to the UNESCO petition which made Cocos Island a World Heritage Site. They love to share their stories about the island with others. When asked why they are returning, Bradley answers, “Cocos Island never disappoints. The underwater ecosystem is brimming with life, it is a photographer’s dream. Topside is paradise. As you circumnavigate the island you can see over 300 waterfalls! I never get used to the site of walls of hammerheads. How could you? It makes me feel so alive!”

attachment.php

Ireland and Bradley will lead a fundraising trip for Sea Save Foundation aboard the Argo, luxury yacht with the Undersea Hunter Group, one of the world’s preeminent adventure dive operators are September 11th through the 21st, 2015 – the height of the season. Cost per person is $5995.00 and Park Support fee is $490.00.

The Argo is a very intentional blend of work ship and luxury yacht, serving as a platform for the DeepSee submersible. The 130-foot vessel was designed to pamper up to 16 discriminating passengers in 8 spacious, well-appointed staterooms. The ship’s chefs prepare fresh, international level, four-star cuisine. Join Sea Save on this fabulous adventure while supporting ocean conservation! Proceeds benefit Sea Save Foundation, a 501(C)3 organization working to generate consciousness and encourage stewardship of natural ecosystems. Their campaigns protect our oceans by raising awareness and educating people about marine beauty and advocating change to resolve current challenges.

+ Deposits are nonrefundable
+ Trip insurance is advised

Attachments

• Cocos-Land-1211Slider1-300x159.jpg
    Cocos-Land-1211Slider1-300x159.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 1029sharks.jpg
    1029sharks.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 121
  • Cocos-Land-1211Slider1-300x159.jpg
    Cocos-Land-1211Slider1-300x159.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 355