Help new regulator selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
new to the site. getting back into diving wanted to know about some new regulators to purchase something in the mid range.i still have my old dacor quantum stuff(good shape still) but if it doesn't check out going to need new.i mainly dive in the 30 to 70ft. range out of clearwater fl. sport/spearfishing maybe 3 to 6 times a month.my lds can get about anything so any input will help......thanks

I am not sure I'd place the Atomic Z2 in the "mid range" in terms of price - unless you compare it to one of the overpriced titanium regs available from Atomic or Scubapro.

The Atomic Z2 is a great reg that you can get serviced virtually no where compared to Scubapro or Aqualung regs as those companies have much more prolific dealer networks.

The Scubapro Mk 17 or Mk 11 with a G260 V or S555 second stage would be a good mid range choice as would an Aqualung Titan LX.

More imporantly for a diver burned by the whole Mares/Dacor "turn your reg into a paperweight overnight" affair, both Scubapro and Aqualung have a history of providing parts and service support for their regulators for decades after they are discontinued. Atomic does not yet have that credential and it will take about 20-30 years for their willingness to provide long term support to be verified to the same degree.

Another option for the midrange level that is very good quality and good performance for the money, is the Zeagle ZX-DSV for cold water, or the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe, which would be perfectly suitable for Florida waters, plus they are located in Florida and probably have very easy service around you.

Back
Top Bottom