Help needed to avoid total camera failure for a third time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never leave my rig in the rinse tank unless my hand is on it. Too much chance of it banging into another rig or into the sides/bottom of the tank if the boat is moving. Folks with a lot more experience that I say that most leaks are caused by rigs left unattended in rinse tanks.

That is an issue. My camera's battery blew up and blew the o-ring outward, causing it to flood when I handed it to someone and they placed it in bucket. I could only assume they dropped it in the bucket.

But there are so many strobearms attached to cameras nowdays that cameras don't get to bump as much with other cameras as before when there were no strobes for compact digital cameras.

Also, I leave it specifically in the tank on liveaboards when everybody else usually takes it out of the tank to look at pictures, etc. My is usually the only camera in the tank.

Dear all

Thank you all very much for all the input. It is really appreciated.

I just made a fresh start and purchased a new Canon S95 today with an Ikelite housing, so I'm looking forward to using it in about a month on a liveaboard in the Maldives.

Again, all the feedback is much appreciated.

Jan

Back
Top Bottom