Help! My S&S YS90DX won't turn on!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks OB....I sent it to Sub-Aquatic in Selinas, California. Really nice people, I've used them before. They'll check it out and see what the problem is. My DEPP will cover it if it's not just wear and tear damage. I've had a couple of super folks offer to loan me strobes if it doesn't get back in time. So it looks like either way, I'll have a strobe for the trip.

In Depth is good too. I forget the tech's name but he puts a Jolly Rancher hard candy inside the camera or strobe when he ships it back. Each repair place sort of have their own specialty, at least with the insurance company. Sub-Aquatic for strobes and In-Depth for cameras.

Thanks for the info.

Hi Dee.....long time. Seems to me when I needed a tray for my trip to FP you offered to loan me yours. That was not only a long time ago, but was also before you knew me! My YS90DX is boxed and ready to go. Just tell me where to send it and you can use it for your trip. IT's still ski season here, so I won't be going anywhere for a while. Let me know if I can help. ...........Also, when I was having trouble before we left for the Galapagos last November, Ryan over at DDN was a lot of help. Maybe he has an idea?

Steve

Bacchus:
Hi Dee.....long time. Seems to me when I needed a tray for my trip to FP you offered to loan me yours. That was not only a long time ago, but was also before you knew me! My YS90DX is boxed and ready to go. Just tell me where to send it and you can use it for your trip. IT's still ski season here, so I won't be going anywhere for a while. Let me know if I can help. ...........Also, when I was having trouble before we left for the Galapagos last November, Ryan over at DDN was a lot of help. Maybe he has an idea?

Steve
Hey, where have you been?

You're so sweet to offer and I do thank you for it. Know Keith from DDN? He's local and has also offered to loan me one of his YS90's. I'd rather not chance yours to the shipping process. Yes, I've talked to Ryan and he's also offered. I'm finding I have a wealth of friends! A very humbling experience.

Back
Top Bottom