HELP....My nerves are worse then hers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amen.....(Arms extended in air).....They will do fine. Their inauguration to the water last weekend should have helped. Chris will take care of em, just stay outta the way and let him do his job. I am teaching eight jr. students AOW/Rescue for scubacamp next week and I got the heebie jeebies after meeting them and the 'rents tonight. All will be fine....for you, Kvalve, Chris and I.

The Parents stay with the kids? Were being nice and letting Chris keep the girls all by his self, he may need some thearpy after but its better then Leia sitting there staring at me while she tries the exercises and such, apperently Im not the nicest person in the world when it comes to expectations. Although Ive told her if she cant really fail at this, as long as she enjoys it and wants it she can continue going and retesting.

I cant wait to hear how they handle the fish aspect, that still creeps them out.

I hope she likes it, I need a buddy with less experience then me :D that I get to boss around :D

I am teaching eight jr. students AOW/Rescue for scubacamp next week

You're a braver man than I. :wink:

All will be fine....for you, Kvalve, Chris and I.

I think so too. There's nothing to be nervous about LM. I fully expect that they will fly through the academics and have lots of fun in the pool and at the lake(s).

LMWB_1977:
Ill owe him a beer or two

I'll take you up on that. :)

...its bad enough your a butthead
Hey! I resemble that description. What can I say? I'm just a regular guy. We can't all be nice like Chris. In fact, I can't think of any other guys I know who are as nice as Chris...well, maybe Alan. He's pretty darn nice too. I'm just thankful that Chris is teaching my kid to dive and not me. :wink:

Hey! I resemble that description. What can I say? I'm just a regular guy. We can't all be nice like Chris. In fact, I can't think of any other guys I know who are as nice as Chris...well, maybe Alan. He's pretty darn nice too. I'm just thankful that Chris is teaching my kid to dive and not me. :wink:

Maddy was very well behaved out on the boat ride, at least while I was topside, Robert will have to vouch for the rest of the time. Of course, she may behave a little differently when it's just family and feels free to be all that a preteen girl can be :wink: But I think most kids will learn best from someone other than parent as teacher. (JMHO). I also believe that it is usually much less stressful on both parent and scubachild. Just observational data as I have no kids myself, just niece and nephews.

I taught her how to use a big girl potty , thats where my ability to teach her started to stop , theres no way either would survive scuba if I was in her face. (Im now going to be shot if she ever finds the forums) They are both actually pretty good kids. Although yea today is the day.

Besides the buddy aspect hehehe this is now being considered a part of her homeschool work, so she better do good on the written tests lol

Kvalve , maybe Chris is a robot... robots are nice to.

My sympathies are with Chris on this one. Good luck buddy. :D

My sympathies are with Chris on this one. Good luck buddy. :D
Mine too...I couldn't do it. Those two can get pretty wild when the moment seems right to them. I think it's something about teenage girls that makes me think of someone scratching their fingernails on the chalkboard. Geez! I told Chris we were going to have to pay more. Maybe a good bottle or two of alcohol would be more appreciated. I bet a bit of good scotch, neat, would do the trick every night after class. :D

Mine too...I couldn't do it. Those two can get pretty wild when the moment seems right to them. I think it's something about teenage girls that makes me think of someone scratching their fingernails on the chalkboard. Geez! I told Chris we were going to have to pay more. Maybe a good bottle or two of alcohol would be more appreciated. I bet a bit of good scotch, neat, would do the trick every night after class. :D

I think its adorable though, they crack me up, and so far in life are the only two who have ever embarrassed me, which is an accomplishment in itself. Leia mocked my snack packing, she switched tunes though and for Monday get to pack her more. Yay moms still needed.

Coming off of day one in academics she loves it, she has said no less then 3 times " I know how to do it, its so cool, you take this thingy and ect..." and can not wait till next class. Chris has to be the most patient man in the world lol

"Equipment 101" became the "Dress Up" game. Chris said they assembled and disassembled all their gear 5-6 times while playing Dress Up. :rofl3:

"Equipment 101" became the "Dress Up" game. Chris said they assembled and disassembled all their gear 5-6 times while playing Dress Up. :rofl3:

Leia said that he should change the names of the course to better suit hers and Maddys attention span and interests so I think that goes along with the Dress up 101 :D

I personally liked ....the Girls "Its penguin feet, you dont see penguins walking backwards" Chris "Well if you dont want to fall then you walk sideways or backwards in fins cause your not a penguin" Girls " But if we WANT to be a penguin can we walk forward" Chris "Only if you want to fall and break your face can you walk forwards" .... Leia told me she decided to not be a penguin. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom