Help me tune this Titan second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Evening Everyone, it’s been an adventure filled day. I rebuilt a first stage Titan regulator, and then this evening I had some free time I dove into the second stage Titan. After running into an issue with the poppet bearing I had to reuse the old one. I put the second stage back together and it works...kind of. The issue I am having is that the diaphragm is fluttering badly when I inhale on the regulator. I can figure out the problem. IP is at 140 psi, and I have the lever and crown adjusted according to the book as far as I can tell. I can post a video if that would help. Pardon my fat belly.

Last edited:
All mine flutter/stutter on land, it's quite normal and in itself not indicative of an issue.

Last edited:
Thanks Gentleman, I appreciate the responses. I also asked my Father if the regulator did that before I serviced it and he confirmed that it did. I tuned it to the best of my ability and according to my electronic manometer it cracks around 1.2 in h2o, so it is within the specs. Thanks again!

Ahh the quacking duck second stage. :)
Like the rest said, it's not uncommon for them to make that noise out of the water, nothing to fix, some just do it.......come to think of it, I have never tried getting it wet then checking to see if it quacked. I need to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom