Help me plan a BUDGET trip to max my diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there are sleeper buses but these go to far distances - 8hr +/- trips

destinations via sleepers: ilocos norte (no diving but rocks for culture and history... if you jump off at la union you get to surf)

isabela (again, no diving but caving)

bicol - some diving in legazpi/ manta bowl but also some great surface stuff in camsur (caramoan, cwc)

there IS a bus you can take (philtranco) that goes from manila to mindanao (44hrs i think) - that's an adventure in itself but should be cheaper than flying...

also look at the superferry... cheap way to get from manila to cebu or the other islands plus you don't have to worry about no-fly times

oh... and follow the others' advise about getting your own gear... it'll save you $$$

dives in PG (and most of the country) average about $22... so try to get package discounts where you can - or try to join others in anilao where dives can go as low as $10 if you have enough divers on the boat (about 5-6)

hth

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom