Help me decide where to dive in Indonesia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was sorely underdressed, with 2mm shorty over 3mm full wetsuit & 1mm hood. I should have brought my 5mm full wetsuit over 2mm shorty, which have served me well in Galápagos & Channel Islands down to 18-20C.
hmmm it will likely be inaugural dives in my new Probe iDry 5mm fullsuit (plus iDry 5mm booties, frogskin hood, and gloves). I'll be working on a few eco diving courses, so hopefully I'll have to move around a lot and it shall keep me warm-er.

What do you wear for that? Drysuit?

My coldest dive was 15C wearing 7mm full wetsuit. I decided that’s my bottom limit.
Yeah definitely drysuit. My last dives were in Bali in June, I haven't been keen to get in here since!

wait a sec lol How cold is it in Bali at the minute? I was gonna just take a 2mm shorty but i might take my DrySuit now :coffee:

@Dan Ohhhh that makes sense!

@SammyW when are you going? I dived Penida last April, was very cold in 3mm fullsuit, but I assume a better fitting 5-7mm or semi dry would be more suitable for that time. I guess it was 24-27*C.

Isn't Blue Corner dangerous?

To say nothing of a bounce to 137'....

- Bill
Blue Corner is fine but best dived when the current is not too strong so timing with the tides is important, main reason to dive it is chance of seeing Mola Mola
Temps this week at Manta Point and Crystal Bay down to 21 degrees in places - I’d recommend 5mm suit with 0.5 mm rash vest and light hood, was fine with temps wearing this

If you go to Pulau Weh, you'll notice the most popular song is very weirdly "Aline" an old french favorite from the sixties everybody forgot. No one knows where the hype came from nor how it started in Weh .

Just ask any kid "Aline" in Weh, or put him on the track singing "et j'ai criéééé... " he'll sing the rest perfectly

I heard Christophe died on April 16 at the age of 74 due to COVID-19. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom