Help me decide where to dive in Indonesia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw a Mola Mola on our very last dive last week in Bali!! Was down at 100' off the house reef taking pictures of pygmy seahorses when I hear the DM and my wife going "crazy", turn around and ghosting out of the darkness is a Mola Mola!! It quickly slipped back into the blue, but what a sight!!

DM Today (Ketut Gede Somadhyana) had great strategy in search of Mola-Mola in Blue Corner. We were drifting at the shallow ~60-70’ with the wall on our left shoulder while he stayed in the blue ~ 100’ depth to look out for the Mola-Mola. As soon as he saw them at 137’ depth, he signaled us to descend. I had 1000 psig left on my tank back on the boat after spending 5 minutes with 4 Mola-Molas at 137’ depth. One of the best dive with Mola Mola I have in Bali in the past 10 years.

DM Today (Ketut Gede Somadhyana) had great strategy in search of Mola-Mola in Blue Corner. We were drifting at the shallow ~60-70’ with the wall on our left shoulder while he stayed in the blue ~ 100’ depth to look out for the Mola-Mola. As soon as he saw them at 137’ depth, he signaled us to descend. I had 1000 psig left on my tank back on the boat after spending 5 minutes with 4 Mola-Molas at 137’ depth. One of the best dive with Mola Mola I have in Bali in the past 10 years.

DM Today was awesome, as well as his strategy. Out of the hundred or so boats out looking for Mola-mola that day we were one of the lucky few. 25 years of experience really paid off for us!

On top of that, and thanks to @Dan's awesome trip planning, he helped with logistics ... airport transfers, cleaning and drying gear, travel to sites on our non-dive day, extra wetsuits for us to layer up with etc ... I wouldn't dive with any other operator apart from him!

Here's his website: aqua cat bali, the best travel to scuba diving / dive / diving in Bali, Indonesia

DM Today was awesome, as well as his strategy. Out of the hundred or so boats out looking for Mola-mola that day we were one of the lucky few. 25 years of experience really paid off for us!

On top of that, and thanks to @Dan's awesome trip planning, he helped with logistics ... airport transfers, cleaning and drying gear, travel to sites on our non-dive day, extra wetsuits for us to layer up with etc ... I wouldn't dive with any other operator apart from him!

Here's his website: aqua cat bali, the best travel to scuba diving / dive / diving in Bali, Indonesia

I watched another group cruising below us at about 100’ depth, missed the Mola Mola sighting & kept going. Only some other groups behind us perhaps saw me shift to high gear and descent rapidly drawing their attention to follow me :D

Lol Spoilt much? It's 11degs here at the moment!

What do you wear for that? Drysuit?

My coldest dive was 15C wearing 7mm full wetsuit. I decided that’s my bottom limit.

In October I’m going to Indonesia with work, I’ll be based in Jakarta for a few days. Normally I’d just fly back home to the UK after work but I feel like I’d be wasting an opportunity to do some amazing dives.
(especially as I can fly back anytime I want)

So my question is this... where is an easy place to fly from Jakarta to? I don’t want to spend more than 90mins on a plane and the flights need to be fairly regular so I can loosely work around my work schedule.

Also consider I’m a lone female traveler and don’t want to dive/visit anywhere dangerous.

Im thinking Bali or I hear Raja Ampat is nice?
Somewhere I can check out online and maybe a nice hotel resort tied to it for when I’m not diving I can enjoy some relaxation.

Help me internet HiveMind

Visit northeastern Bali like Tulamben area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom