Help me choose a light for iPhone vids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Please help me select a few options for a video light. This will be for a trip to Puerto Galera. I will be filming with the iPhone 15 Pro Max in a DiveVolk Seatouch housing. I will be using a single light (I know it’s suboptimal) and I don’t really expect to be able to light a wide angle shot. So the light will be for mid-shots at depth mostly (with some macro using the iPhone’s tele lens). I will have a red filter for low depth shots. I have some experience in UW photo but it's going to be my first foray in UW video.

Key factors for me are quality of the light (CRI over 90, wide beam, etc), quality of the build, removable and independently rechargeable battery, & compatible with ball + clamp attachments.

Thank you.

What do people think of the Sola Pro 15000 versus the Keldan 8X CRI95? Both have 15000lm, both admit blue filters, both have a high CRI... Obviously there's a price difference. The Keldan has the advantage of replaceable batteries. What are the other trade offs between the 2?

I use the Orcatorch D710v, small, good battery, cheap.

Light & Motion had a great deal on the Sola 15000 so I bought it, along with a blue dome.

I use the Trust Fire DF50. they are good and a fraction of the price of other video lights. but this one is only 6000 lumens. They've got a new model (DF90) with 15000 lumens, but have not yet able to get one and test. i assume would be similar. and also a fraction of the price.

I've got 2 DF50 for almost 2 years now and quite happy with it.

i've made a unboxing video and initial experience

and also a 1 year review video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom