Help! Marsa Alam cheap accomodation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polpessa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of cheap accomodation at or around Marsa Alam?

So far cheapest I've found is tents for 35 Euros a night at the ecolodge Shagra/ Nakari village (I'm travelling alone and can't split the cost of a tent) but I want something cheaper.

Help!! Thanks!

Hi Polpessa

Have you tried looking for last minute packages? I just saw one at a Kuoni window today (which also has last minute offers from Hotel Plan, Manta Reisen etc) and the price for one week in Marsa Alam including direct flight, hotel (3 stars) and probably half pension was something like Sfr 625, the additional week was under Sfr 300, which is less than the €35 per night you quoted, and includs food, flight etc. There are tons of last mintue sights on the internet, and also deals to be found from directly at the Zurich airport. You'll probably have to pay surcharge for a single room, but it might be a bit cheaper in the end than booking everything seperately.

Good luck in your search. Let me know if you find any good deals, particularly a cheap flight. I want to book a week's liveaboard for the begining of September, but most of them are excluding flights and booking the flight seperately is just so expensive, not to mention hard to co-ordinate with the ship.

cheers

Sylvie

Maybe you should bring your own tent and plant it in the desert? I did not encounter any cheap accomodation near Marsa Alam. This area isn't yet very developed. Only a few resortlike hotels and the tent camps you already know of. Maybe you could contact the Egyptian Travel Board or something and see if they can come up with something.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom