HELP!!!!!!! MALDIVES company Sham, money seems lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BenLou

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got this from the Tornado Marine fleet who I had thought I had booked with

XXX XXXXXX does not work at Tornado Marine Fleet. It has come to our attention that a company with the name of Tornado Marine Fleet Europe which is based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands has been taking reservations but not passing them to suppliers. I believe Anne was working for Tornado Marine Fleet Europe and as such would advise you to contact the authorities in the Netherlands and your bank/credit card company. There is a lawyer who is already aware of this situation and he may be contacted at [email address of solicitor)

I would like to state that Tornado Marine Fleet is in no way connected to either:

· Tornado Marine Fleet Europe

· Tornado Marine Fleet Europe Ltd

· Tornado Marinefleet BV

We would be happy to provide you with a letter stating these facts if it would assist you in recovering any money you have paid to this company.

If you could forward the invoice you received from Anne we will investigate availability for you.

Kind regards

Have I any recourse??? Help!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it a Maldives sham? Did you book with a credit card? If you did, dispute the charge. It sounds like you booked with someone in the Netherlands, so you should file a complaint to the government/police there.

good point. What does it have to do with the Maldives? Was it through this page where you booked: MOC Maastricht - Clubstage 2009 ?

Sorry I did not mean the maldives was a sham but the holiday company supplying the trips there is a sham. I was/am still so flustered, we are supposed to fly out saturday week and now we have flights but nothing else. We dont think we can afford more accom over there so looks like we will just be sitting at home when we should be on a holiday of a lifetime. Its so unfair. Have contacted the solicitor and he has been nice but I dont know if he can help. Tornado(the real one) seem nice too and offered us the same dates on the boat but we'd have to pay again, but can we afford this? I dont think so! And no booked through the website "Official" site for the boat. Official website of M/Y Monsoon - The most advanced Maldives diving liveaboard!

The details on there have now been changed to the correct UK based company but they used to be the other Sham of a company. It looks like they are the same place as the web link above in the other post.

Yep, it looks like a copied site to me and I see the possible link to XXX XXXXX.

Did you pay by credit card? Notify your bank a.s.a.p. I assume if you paid my cheque, that's cashed already, but if not, put a hold on it. If you paid by cash, good luck. Any which way, file a police report. Thanks for warning others too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to let everyone know how helpful Tony in scuba.co.uk is. He is a great help to me and I doubt I will ever book anywhere other than with him again. He had nothing to do with the situation but has helped me when he didnt have to. If only all operators were as straight and honest. Thanks Tony.

Not all of them, we thought the guys we booked with were, we lost all of our money and would have been left without a holiday at all. We saved for months, scrounging for every penny to go to the Maldives and then this guy seems to have shut up shop and taken our money. I just wanted people to be aware of the gansters out there. Its just depressing cos I always thought this happened to people who were just silly, but I know I did all the checks I could have to satisfy myself that the booking was good. I hope this guy who took our money gets sentenced to jail over this I really do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom