help.. kinda of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thelostpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
ok so i have this boat right. and she has been in my driveway since i bought her (work has been crazy) anyway. i think i will have everything on her ready for this weekend for a quick run, problem is i do not have a truck to pull her with. She is a 26' walk around, single o/b.

So here is the help part, if I can get the last few things done on her before the weekend, does anyone in the hollywood area with a big truck (f150 should work) and knows the water (i have not been out here before) want to go diving. I live south of sheridan and taft, just north of johnson street, so could either put in at john lloyd or at the park at the end of johnson street.

again i have to get a couple things finished, and providing work does not hold me up, i will be ready for a saturday or sunday morning trip. If not this weekend, maybe the next.

I don't have a truck for you, but may be able to help with places to go. John Lloyd is the closest ramp to the Port Everglades inlet. Once you go out the inlet, there are mooring bouys both to the north & south that mark some nice reefs. To the south is Barracuda reef & the the north will be the caves & oakland mooring reef.

You will need a GPS to find all the wreck dives. If you don't have one, then you're welcome to follow us to the wreck sites. We're out almost every weekend, but we'll be doing the beach dive picnic this weekend.

Boy do I have a solution for you! I have a truck I'm trying to sell! Believe me, you can have it at a great price and it will handle your boat fine.

I can't be much help to you this weekend, but I'd be happy to show you around. I'll meet you at the picnic dive.

See Tom we can just follow around Justin and Kelli or Kelly :wink:

thanks everyone for the offer for help. this has been a long process for me since work keeps messing me up.

I will be at the picnic, then maybe go out sunday on the boat.

it may have to wait till sunday or next week. i forgot about the picnic on saturday. but i would need a 2 inch ball.

Let us know... do U know what size ball U need to tow??

Dan, check the tow weight of this thing. A 26' boat may be pushing it for your truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom