HELP!!! I'm in Cozumel with a foggy camera housing!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said, every task has pros and cons.......one of my camera was stolen from the camera tank (rinse tank for cameras only)....
The pros and cons are pretty obvious....I leave it to you to decide the risk level:)

If it was while on a boat, it seems to me one would know where to start looking for it.:D

If it was while on a boat, it seems to me one would know where to start looking for it.:D

You would think but then again accusing someone or having the captain or crew search people's belongings s likely not going to happen.

41.gif

I've shot a gadzillion pics without a moisture muncher in my housing, but thats because I have habits that make me not need them, as long as I follow them I'm fine. For me Munchers make it way easier for me to be sloppy and not have any issues. If you can't find any munchers you can do the following and make it through your trip -

When I get done diving I wipe my camera off really good with a dry towel back in the room.

I leave the housing alone, don't open it for many hours, this just makes sure the housing is really dry.

When I do open it I make sure my hands are dry.

Over night I will leave the housing open.

In the morning close it back up.

Zero moisture problems. This is all done in a AC room. I don't open the housing up anywhere else but in the room.

And I'm one of those crazy ones I guess who leaves the camera in tank all the time on the boat. I do put a lens cover over my lens though.

If you get moisture munchers you'll be home free, but if you can't you can follow what I do and you'll be fine. I'm very lax on all the other things listed here, like turning off the camera, keeping it out of the sun, letting it acclimate. None of this really seems to matter as long as the inside of the housing is dry. No moisture, no fogging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom