Help Identifying a Dacor First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnyboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Dacor first stage that I bought some years ago after the store "lost" the adjustment knob on the second stage. It's been an awesome reg, but now it needs service for the first stage (IP creep).

The problem is, I cannot seem to identify it no matter what. After several frustrating google (and image) searches, I wonder if anyone who knows or used to sell Dacor some time ago (it's 10 years old at least) could identify this one?

Photo attached, although mine is DIN not yoke. I'd take a photo of mine, but it's already apart and I need to buy a new HP seat. The problem is "HP seat for which Dacor?".

Thanks,
dacor_1st_stage.jpg

I managed to find a couple of photos of my actual Dacor reg. The second stage says "Dacor Fury", but when I look that up on the internet the "Fury" first stage does not look like mine (below)...
T800_sidemount regulators 032212 1.jpg
T800_sidemount regulators 032212 2.jpg

That Dacor is Italian made, by Mares after the Dacor buyout. It is a D16, and parts are available from Mares. I don’t have my materials handy, but I think that is the same service kit, poppet, etc. as the current 16/22/32 series.

Also, current HP poppet is harder and more durable than the original in that item, and the conical seat with the knife edge should be updated to match. The valve upgrade kit includes a new spring, too.

Its a Dacor D16 1st stage. Same internals as the Mares V16, except the Dacor came with the SCS HP seat. Service kits are the same, buy an upgrade kit for the SCS system, Part No: 46200705

Thanks very much. I'm having trouble finding a place that will ship the kit to Canada. I can find it on Amazon.com but "won't ship to your location". Always a frustration.

This seems to be a timely thread.... My Dacor that looks just like that has IP creep as well :( I have no idea how high it was headed, but it did lift the pressure relief valve.

The 46200705 kit should be all I need to service the reg? Anybody have service manuals handy? I do have dive shop friends who can help me out with the service, but its always better with the manual.

Thanks

Patrick

This seems to be a timely thread.... My Dacor that looks just like that has IP creep as well :( I have no idea how high it was headed, but it did lift the pressure relief valve.

The 46200705 kit should be all I need to service the reg? Anybody have service manuals handy? I do have dive shop friends who can help me out with the service, but its always better with the manual.

Thanks

Patrick
Go to Vintage Double Hose and click on the manuals and find the one you need and download it.

Thanks

Patrick
No. That kit number is just the valve upgrade kit. The service kit is also required. After servicing and converting the valve, future service will require either a new kit that includes an ACT poppet, or an older kit with no poppet plus a separately packaged ACT poppet. (Most Mares kits are being converted to only include ACT poppets, but this one will continue to co-exist both old and new versions to support the Abyss Navy which continues to use the older poppet.)

Question for the dacor experts out there.. I have a quantum 1st and 2nd stage. I have had it since new. The LP seat that's in it looks like a mushroom..with theads. But I noticed most quantum LP seats are flat on top with threads. What is the difference? Thank you for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom