Help identify this light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icantdive55

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, so the other say a friend gave me a lot of dive gear from back in the day. One of the items is a UK light. I don't know what model it is and I need to know how it was powered. It looks like it took a special battery pack. If so it didn't come with it. The light is nearly 12" long. If I can't make it operational for a few bucks then I'll use it as a waterproof container.

Attachments

• UK1.jpg
    UK1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 58
Looks like a UK1200 series. They made two types that I'm aware of: the 1200 which used two 6 volt lantern (square) cells, and the 1200R which used two rechargeable cells.

Thanks Daz, I will see what I can figure out. I've owned a lot of UK lights but this is the first one i've seen this big. All of mine run off 8 D cells. This light would have been in use in the mid 80's so finding information on it might be a problem.

Early to mid 80's is the right time frame for the 1200 series. IIRC, I got my 1200R in 1983 or so. Batteries weren't too hard to come by, but bulbs were. According to UK's website the bulbs were custom made for them and when the bulb manufacturer quit making them they (UK) coulnd't find a bright enough replacement so the lights were discontinued. (UK FAQ's)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom