Help identify an old set of octopus regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oOBigDaveOo,

"...fairly difficult to service and use..."??? No, they aren't. The Calypso is a fairly simple regulator, with a flow-through piston design and adjustable interstage pressure. The second stage is also simple to service, and has a very good venturi built into it. This regulator tested very well with the U.S. Navy, and these test results are in the Rubicon Research Repository, and can be downloaded from that site (see the link). The Calypso VI (which is your regulator) can be seen on page 54, and the test results can be seen on page 266-271.

SeaRat

Did the conshelf series regulators follow the calypso. I've been shallow diving with my conshelf XI and asking myself if I really need to go back
to my 500 dollar regulator for the shallow stuff. There are days it seems it breathes as nice as my g250v balanced but then days when it seems
a bit more effort. It's probably just me. I use it with what I believe is a conshelf 14 or 21 first stage and it breathes pretty nice for an old reg and
definitely durable. The XI second stage looks almost identical to the calypso shown.

Back
Top Bottom