Help I can't see!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm guessing it's glare of ambient light that's causing you problems. happens to me when i remove the my housing's lcd hood. does this happen when you shoot against sunlight (shooting up)?

Good question, I will ck on next dive, and I will try hooding with my hand as well.

As far as masks go, I find the black skirt to be a DRAMATIC improvement over clear. I'm relatively new to diving, but all my training and first dives were done with clear skirt masks. I had much trouble with glare.

One of my favorite pieces of gear is my Tusa Liberator black on black mask!!

Glare problem fixed!

The DC600 doesn't have a viewfinder it has an LCD screen. Are you having a hard time seeing the LCD screen?

I don't think a black mask will help much - thats more important when using a camera with an actual viewfinder, such as a dSLR.

Are you looking at the LCD screen straight on, or at an angle? Can you replicate the same issue on land? Perhaps your vision correction is impairing your view. Can you see it out of the top 1/3 of your lenses? Does Sealife sell an LCD to shield the LCD? There might be some aftermarket LCD hoods. When I had my Oly, using the lens hood was usually better than not.

David

David

The DC600 doesn't have a viewfinder it has an LCD screen. Are you having a hard time seeing the LCD screen?

I don't think a black mask will help much - thats more important when using a camera with an actual viewfinder, such as a dSLR.

Are you looking at the LCD screen straight on, or at an angle? Can you replicate the same issue on land? Perhaps your vision correction is impairing your view. Can you see it out of the top 1/3 of your lenses? Does Sealife sell an LCD to shield the LCD? There might be some aftermarket LCD hoods. When I had my Oly, using the lens hood was usually better than not.

David

David

Sea life does not have a hood for the LCD but a company called Delkin makes several types and also generic versions that stick on. I am looking into ordering one. I can't clearly see it out of either top or bottom lenses. Thanks, Ed

Sorry guy's I guess I did not make clear that my masks have a distance correction in the top 2/3 of the lenses and a reading correction in the bottom third of the lenses already.

So, you're wearing bifocals........this correction you speak of, is it an Rx or just stock lenses you can buy from the mask company......I'm thinking it's not a refractive error problem(unless you have uncorrected cylinder---that's used to correct astigmatism) but more of a disability glare problem.....good luck........

So, you're wearing bifocals........this correction you speak of, is it an Rx or just stock lenses you can buy from the mask company......I'm thinking it's not a refractive error problem(unless you have uncorrected cylinder---that's used to correct astigmatism) but more of a disability glare problem.....good luck........

They are bonded prescription lenses made by an optician who specializes in dive masks and made to my Rx from my regular eye doctor. I have no astigmatism as per my last exam about 2 months ago. My distance vision is quite good yet and normally would need no correction but was told most over 40 divers would benefit from a little help. I then held up a lense in the opticians office and my "good" distance vision became amazing!

They are bonded prescription lenses made by an optician who specializes in dive masks and made to my Rx from my regular eye doctor. I have no astigmatism as per my last exam about 2 months ago. My distance vision is quite good yet and normally would need no correction but was told most over 40 divers would benefit from a little help. I then held up a lense in the opticians office and my "good" distance vision became amazing!

Probably disability glare......somehow you will need to 'hood' it I'm thinking......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom