HELP! Forecast interpretation!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis tanks used to be made by Pressed Steel. In fact, IIRC, they (Sherwood then) were the
first to market Pressed Steel HP tanks around 1990.

Not all of them. I have a HP120 Genesis tank in my garage that has the 5250 SPUN designation on it and an Asahi hydro stamp. I know of a bunch of HP100 Genesis tanks that were Asahi's also. The key is looking for the SPUN stamped in the crown. AFAIK, nobody else uses the spun construction method.

Thanks guys, I've not done shore entries through rough surf around Monterey, and considering that I'm wearing double steel 130s and two 40s and carrying a Gavin I'm unlikely to begin anytime soon. :wink:

(On the other hand, 12,000 fsw is a bit beyond my limit, so you guys must enjoy shorter runs out to the wrecks!)

Hope my caveats were sufficient to indicate that I was referring to charter boats ops. (One day I'd like to make it down there though, it sounds like some nice diving...)

Thanks,

Doc

Were heading down to Monterey later today. If for some reason conditions are to bad to dive. wheres the best place to go body surfing?

Thanks guys, I've not done shore entries through rough surf around Monterey, and considering that I'm wearing double steel 130s and two 40s and carrying a Gavin I'm unlikely to begin anytime soon. :wink:

(On the other hand, 12,000 fsw is a bit beyond my limit, so you guys must enjoy shorter runs out to the wrecks!)

Hope my caveats were sufficient to indicate that I was referring to charter boats ops. (One day I'd like to make it down there though, it sounds like some nice diving...)

Thanks,

Doc

We do have folks that do shore entries with that sort of rig. They put an anchored
float off shore, and make several trips (and they are going down what can be
optimistically called a boat ramp. ;-).

And the diving is more than nice, the invert life is world-class. But there aren't a lot
of wrecks, though some of us are working on that problem.

Back
Top Bottom