HELP, for larger size wetsuit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love my Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm ..... I am short (5'4") and large (sz 18) and the 14 fits me fine ..... No problems getting in & out, or moving at all. I think Rodales just did an article on all the new "stretch" suits .... although Henderson was the original ...

I DEFINITELY HAVE TO AGREE!

Anyone having a hard time with wetsuit sizing needs to try henderson hyperstretch. I almost decided to buy a mens suit because nothing else fit my legs right. I'm glad i didnt do that because my hendy is great. love it love it love it.

Well, I finally got a dive shop to order in a couple of the Hendersons for me to try on, no one had any in stock. I am going to try to woman's XXL and the mens XXL and see if either fits well enough. If not, I will have to go custom. Fingers crossed!

liquitfit fans,

how much did your suits run? (there aren't any prices on the website.)

aquaflite shows prices and jeez, by the time i added in the extras, my imaginary suit cost well over $300!

(i want a 7 ml with wrist and ankle zippers, out of the warmest, comfliest, stretchiest material around.)

tia,

dm

(for what it's worth: lesiure pro charges $289 for a henderson jumpsuit -- women's titanium hyperstretch 7/5.)

Liquid Fit prices...

My suggestion would be to call Carolyn at Liquid Fit. She can give you all the options that are available and GREAT to work with. There is no high pressure sale tactics, just facts that let you make your own educated choice. I know she will be at DEMA, and is promising to be introducing some new colors and styles!

:) Well, I finally have a suit! On a lot of advice (a lot of it from here) I had a shop order in the Henderson womens XXL (they say it is a size 14) and a mens XXL as I really doubted the women's would fit. I tried the womens on first and it fit me perfectly! I was even able to zip it up without any assisstance. Now I am not a size 14....ummmm....let's just say I am a few sizes larger. But this suit fit me to a T. And, the arms and legs were exactly the right length for me (I am 5'10" with long legs). No need for zippers in this suit. On and off with no problem. I do see the pilling issue but so what. I am just trying to keep velcro away from it as best I can. I used it on 2 dives in Lake George, NY this past weekend and at 60' that water was pretty darn cold! But I was toasty warm in the 7/5 one peice suit. I was so happy with it I went and bought a hyperstretch hood, easy on and off and very comfortable. I love this suit!

I think Ed was having a little trouble with his oceanliner seams early on... I had a seam separate from one of his early suits, but he fixed it like new at no charge.

I have a "newer model" 3mm that is holding up really well. You can't beat those kevlar knee pads.

Another reason I like them is their warmth... I can be fine in 3mm when others need a 5 or 7. I've heard that the hyperstretches sacrifice a mil or two in warmth.

However, I don't want to be classified as an Aquaflite bigot, and would gladly look into aomething that is both locally available and not custom. What are y'all's experience with Hyperstretch and warmth? I've heard that there is such a thing as the gold-core and hyperstretech in the same suit. (Aquaflite's "oceanliner" is basically the same thing as gold-core.) Anyone have one of these hybrid gold-core/stretchy suits? What'ya think?

divemistress once bubbled...
liquitfit fans,

how much did your suits run? (there aren't any prices on the website.)

aquaflite shows prices and jeez, by the time i added in the extras, my imaginary suit cost well over $300!

(i want a 7 ml with wrist and ankle zippers, out of the warmest, comfliest, stretchiest material around.)

tia,

dm

(for what it's worth: lesiure pro charges $289 for a henderson jumpsuit -- women's titanium hyperstretch 7/5.)

So a suit that is a perfect fit (thus warmer), guaranteed for life, and the colors and configuration you want is $11 or so dollars more? Sounds like a deal to me. Even at $50 or $75 dollars more. That's a personal decision, tho, of course. How much are you willing to pay for those things?

BTW, I would not get wrist zippers unless your hands are a LOT larger than your arms and yuou can't get the suit on without them... zippers are another water exchange point (even gussetted ones). I'd not get the ankle zippers if it wasn't necessary for me.

Hi
I am in a similar situation to you i am a size 18 a little taller at 5"10 and weigh about 15 stones i have just purchased my first suit and i went for a mens mares suit not only for the addition size regarding weight but also the extra height. My suit fits like a glove and i am absoluted delighted with it. I have not complaints about the cut there is plently of space in the chest area and i am a 38 DD. The hip area was also fine.

The only thing i was annoyed about was that the larger sizes were a little more expensive which i thought was rather unfair. Also after having the suit for only 1 week i found it somewhere else for 100 euros less :(

The suit just incase you are interested is a Mares isothem semi dry 6.5mm suit, however it may not be appropiate for the diving you are doing. It depends alot on the water temperature and how much you feel the cold.

Good Luck with finding a nice suit Catt

henderson suits fit me well -- indeed, i've owned half a dozen of various types over the years. so $289 seems to me a reasonable price for a 7/5 titanium hyperstretch.

otoh, my ideal aquaflite suit prices at well over $300. i repeat, well over. $448.50, to be exact. that much, i'm not willing to pay.

the principle of water exchange i understand quite well. i wouldn't want wrist zippers if i didn't think they would be helpful.

to quote your sig line:
A lot of divers need to remember that it's not about their gear or the risk - it's 100% about touching that other world down there..... So enjoy it and let others with differences of opinion or less skill enjoy it as well without bringing them down. Putting others down does not raise you, or the sport we all love so much. - MikeJacobs

cheers,

dm

Allen42 once bubbled...

So a suit that is a perfect fit (thus warmer), guaranteed for life, and the colors and configuration you want is $11 or so dollars more? Sounds like a deal to me. Even at $50 or $75 dollars more. That's a personal decision, tho, of course. How much are you willing to pay for those things?

BTW, I would not get wrist zippers unless your hands are a LOT larger than your arms and yuou can't get the suit on without them... zippers are another water exchange point (even gussetted ones). I'd not get the ankle zippers if it wasn't necessary for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom