HELP, for larger size wetsuit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, Divemistress, what does your dream wetsuit require????? You could get 2 Henderson Hyperstretchs for that price!!!! Well, maybe one and a half.

Good luck, DM :wacko:

My apologies.

I meant no put-down or attack by my post. Re-reading it now, it does come across a bit harsh.

That is a lot of money--I've never paid that much for a suit from Aquaflite. (He does throw in things that show as charged... I think I got the zippers and keypouch or something like that last time for no charge.)

Hey, but to each his (or her) own. I just like knowing I don't have to replace these suits for a long, long time, and they fit me very well.

Saltwater-- She wants a 7mil...did you find a Hyper 7/5 for less than LeisurePro ($290)?

-Allen

Hey everyone,

This is great! I'm a plus sized woman about to travel alone (couldn't find a travel partner) to the Dominican Republic October 26th. I plan to go scuba diving for the first time. I called the resort I'll be staying with the confirm that they would not have a wet suit in my size and of course they don't so then I went on a long journey to find a wet suit in my size that wasn't going to require me to take out a bank loan to pay for (*Smile*).

I'm a size 26 pants and top heavy (DDDs) and 5'3". I ended up getting a mens XXL shorty wet suit that fits fine. I got the men's 3mm shorty red. Best Scuba Online also has full wesuits for $54.95 and free shipping.

Cost me $39.95 from:

Best Scuba Online

Now I'm on a quest to find a swim suit with more coverage. I plan to do some wind surfing and snorkeling as well and may not want to use my wet suit while doing that so I decided to look for a swimsuit unitard where there the bottom part is longer like shorts. But the speedo one has those awful u-back straps that never stay in place when you have rounded shoulders and the Dolphin/Ocean unitard is out of stock everywhere. hahahahah So I decided to order it as seperates. Junonia has a part of swim shorts that are pretty cool and I'm just going to order a mens dive skin shirt for the top part. I'm hoping that should do the trick.

Peace,
African Travel Bug

I have been using my 7/5 Henderson hyperstretch for several months now for over 20 dives. All my diving so far has been in Lake George, NY, except a weekend down at Dutch Springs in PA, pretty cold all around. I did buy a 3mm core warmer to go over top of the suit as the weather got colder and the water temp started to drop. The lowest water temp I have hit so far is in the lo-mid 40's and I think that is pretty darn cold. I have been totally warm with the exception of the exposed part of my face and my hands. I like the Hyperstretch so much I got 3mm gloves and have been using them, so easy on and off. but now that my hands got cold I bought the Hyperstretch 5mm gloves, still easy on & off but less dexterity but at least my hands will be warm! Temps continue to drop however so now I have added a 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch core warmer to my dive bag but I have not used it yet. I first bought the 3mm as I did not think a heavier one would fit over me and the full suit but it did and easily. I gotta admit, I love this hyperstretch stuff! For the person asking about the gold core with hyperstretch, I think it will lose some of the ability to stretch with the bonding of another material to it as that material will not have the same stretch properties. the only other drawback so far is when you come out of the water on a chilly day, the wind goes right thru it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom