Help for Gabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard that someone on the island is saying he moved to the mainland and they don't know where he is, they know better. We all know who is trying to put him in the past and overlook him, just remember that Gabi made a heroic effort to save someone and he is paying the price, and there are people on the island without integrity that do not deserve our business........if they cannot take care of their own, they will not look out for their customers.

Hi iluvcozumel,

Actually, I had no idea anyone was "is trying to put him in the past and overlook him." Would you be so kind as to inform those who are interested as to what party(s) you are referring? Any very specifically what they have said and done? I for one would greatly appreciate it. You can do so by email/PM if you don''t wish to go public.

In the meantime, it would be courteous to all involved to cease your vague & frankly paranoid-sounding allegations.

Thanks,

DocVikingo

Gabi has many friends and much support here and is involved in a number of projects, including promoting diving for disabled people and bringing disabled divers to dive with him and others in Cozumel. He has moved on and that's great.

Don't be too hasty with harsh judgements, especially about those that were constantly with him during that extremely difficult time. They searched for a way to keep him close but it didn't work out. That's how life goes sometimes.

Though Gabi is still a young man and has frustrations that he may have voiced to you in confidence, I believe that he has the experience to know that he shouldn't burn any bridges -- especially in a place as small as Cozumel Island! Public posts -- no matter how generally worded -- might burn bridges for him and I'd hate to see that happen.

iluvcozumel - I am confused by your post, especially coming from someone who does not live on the island and cannot see what actually goes on here on a daily basis!

There are MANY of us on the island supporting him and who have made it possible for him to train and work towards other positive endeavors for his future such as training for the 1/2 Ironman - through donations and actually getting the equipment here for him to train (Dave Dillehey has been a huge part of that as well). With that said, your post is offensive to my sensibilities and to those of us who do support him!

He has a huge support system here - so I for one am baffled by your post! It's quite obvious and quite publicized (no secrets) that he is on the island, never left, and doing an amazing job with his training and moving forward with his life!

We are all VERY proud of him and cheer him on every opportunity that arises! He has come a LONG way and I am thrilled to see him moving in such a positive direction. I am also very proud to be one of his team mates for the Cozumel Ironman (1/2 Ironman) team!

Your post may have been well intended, but it reads/comes across more as trying to stir up trouble and more speculation and drama which is totally unnecessary and inappropriate in my opinion.

Let's focus on the POSITIVE and not worry about rumors that are probably not true - rumors on this island are ridiculous - it's worse than Payton's place)! If they are true - then it's not anyone's problems but those spreading them!

Back
Top Bottom