Help!! First time to Coz, only 3.5 dive-days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving is the #1 reason we all like coz. however, it is not the only reason. you will almost definitely return. so set your kind of pace rather than making it a blur.
btw, if you are doing a cenote like dos ojos, you can also see some pretty good ruins nearby at talum.

The smaller companies, such as Chucho Divers, may be more willing to accommodate the kind of schedule you're proposing.

There used to be a DM named Chucho that worked with Alison (ScubaWithAlison). Do you know if this is the same guy? Or is Chucho a fairly common name in Mexico? (think Chuck) :)

Chucho is a common name, this Chucho is the same guy.
He is running his own operation now, Alison actually recommended we book with him.
We dove with him for a week, great trip... max number of divers on the boat 6.
his web site is "Chucho Divers" he is the only one we dive with now.:D

5 or 6 dives a day? You are my kind of diver. But, in Coz...that isn't likely to happen. What I would suggest then is doing long dives when you can get in the water. Living Underwater and Aldora both use steel tanks and my average dive with both of them is 90 minutes. Longest is 1:47 with a depth of 89 feet. That was an exceptional group with excellent breathing though. My point being...120 cubic feet of air versus 80 at the other dive ops....gives you long dives. For every two dives with steel tanks, I average 3+ hours of underwater time. I've done a 4 tank day with Aldora once, but that's nearly a work day of bottom time...and even with my insatiable desire for Nitrogen...that was a long day.

I would suggest, and often practice....two steel tanks in the morning with either of those two ops (I prefer Aldora due to 8 boats versus 1 with LU) and depending on your stamina, either an afternoon or evening shore dive from Hotel Cozumel pier (or both if you are really serious). Just watch your nitrogen loading and STAY HYDRATED. I'm serious about the hydration part...or you may see the inside of the Cozumel chamber (bring plastic...they won't take your insurance).

Enjoy your trip!

He was there the second week of July. Got to ride along on their not-quite-as-aggressive-as-originally-posted long weekend diving with Aldora. I think they got about all the diving they were ready for! We had a blast and got in some regular diving and some adventure diving, too.

I was sad to see them leave when their weekend was up...

I am quite certain I can speak for apadua and adutto - and me! - when I say: Oh Bill, we wish you were right and we were about to enjoy our trips!

You might enjoy this bit of video from an afternoon dive on San Juan with Sherief...
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7966/mvi1829.mp4

Chucho is the common Mexican nickname for someone named Jesus and, yes, there are a lot of those!

He was there the second week of July. Got to ride along on their not-quite-as-aggressive-as-originally-posted long weekend diving with Aldora. I think they got about all the diving they were ready for! We had a blast and got in some regular diving and some adventure diving, too.

I was sad to see them leave when their weekend was up...

I am quite certain I can speak for apadua and adutto - and me! - when I say: Oh Bill, we wish you were right and we were about to enjoy our trips!

You might enjoy this bit of video from an afternoon dive on San Juan with Sherief...
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7966/mvi1829.mp4

Well if they got Aldora, Pelagicsal, and Sherief in the same trip..they hit the trifecta! If the bunch of you were out on Felicity....I would call that heaven on earth and I am truly jealous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom