Help finding a larger women's Wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mushymom

Reaction score
Gads, it is near impossible to find any kind of women's wetsuit anywhere close to the size I need! I am an ample gal, :ssst: and have found so far the only one to fit me remotely comfortably is my husband's Bare 3xl. I have tried a Henderson that was because of the stitching in the ribcage area is waaaayyy too tight! :shakehead I would really like to find a women's wetsuit because I feel they would probably fit me better in the neck. I am finding though that most women's standard sizes just don't even come up close for me to be able to fit into them. Anyone with any reasonable ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated. :D

hmmm.... have you considered a custom wetsuit? i hear they are not
all that much more, and it must be worth it just to feel comfortable

Your choices are pretty much - go custom or find a man's suit that will do. Henderson's Hyperstretch is wonderful stuff! I'm not sure how thick it gets but I love my 3mm I wear in warm water.

I just remembre when I started diving 18 years ago that my 12 year old SKINNY sister was in a Women's Size L because of her height. I never bothered looked for a woman's size then. Luckily there are now more options but they still aren't on par with reality.

Hyperstretch is great. If you can't find one that fits you, a full service Henderson dealer can measure you & have Henderson make a custome suit. I don't think it costs much more than a stock size, either.

Go custom. you have several options and where you are some may not be available.
1. Get measured and fit by a local custom suit maker, not likely in MO. The again Pete Seeger said," There's no hope, but I may be wrong".

2. Find a dealer that represents a ciustome amker and have them take the meaurements. This makes them resposible for the fit and thay have experience with how the maker will translate the measurements into a suit. Ataln, Henderson, etc.

3. Measure at home and send or exchange measurements over the phone. Works for many but poses the greatest risk of missing the fit and needing reworks.

This is based on 5 custom suits/vests in my household.

Fit is everything, don't compromise. If you're not an off the rack gal you have good solid options, use them.

Pete

henderson goes into 3XL sizes and into 7mm in all suits for women i believe

Hey I feel your pain, I was also having a hard time finding a suit to fit my larger than average size!! I am going to get a custom suit from Liquid fit...It is not much more than Henderson, literally like 30 or 40 bucks more. You can go to there website.
www.liquidfit.com I am sending in my measurements tomorrow. Carolyn stays on the phone with you while you do the measurements, and will correct the wetsuit if it needs adjustments....
Christina

Doc Intrepid:
Another vote for Liquid Fit...great feedback, great prices.

Groovy, thank you! :D
Ok, how does one find them? Do they have a website?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom