Help finding a 7 mm wetsuit that fits!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iluvdiving

Reaction score
Going to Galapagos next year. Also planning some other cooler water dives this spring. Thus, need a 7mm. However, being a female who is ummmm, naturally well-endowed . . . but relatively slim elsewhere . . . this is proving to be a challenge. It is one thing to maneuver myself into a rental for a day. But, for a week of diving, I'd like to find something that I don't feel exhausted after pulling it on. (I'm doing my open water cert for Rescue Diver this weekend and was being fitted for a 7 mm through my shop. I almost needed the help of an EFR after the effort expended pulling it on.)

Anyone have any suggestions? My husband has used the 7 mm with, I think, a titanium lining. He said the lining made it super easy to slide on/off. Do they make these for women? Is there a particular brand I should be looking for?

Any help is appreciated.
Jen

Hi Jen

I just bought a Cressi Lontr 3 from scubastore.com - tried it on yesterday, seemed to be a tight but not-to-tight feel. They also do custom made suits - call your location agent/LDS to find out more. It comes with a 5mm "shortie" that should keep you warm. I haven't tried it in the ocean yet, so YMMV....

Iluvdiving,
Check out ScubaL.com.
You can get a custom tailored wet suit with intergral hood for about $190 total.
The suit, itself, is relatively inexpensive, but the shipping really grabs ya.

the K

I had the same problem, however my endowment :D is below the waist; and it took me a while to find a suit that fit. They now have stretch material in several bands, I myself, prefer Tilos 7mm; it's moderately priced. Henderson also has stretch although expensive. The suit I bought was before they became stretch but I am still satisfied as it seems to fit a real human being not a model of size 2. My friends bought the stretch with the hood attached and are very, very happy. So I say go stretch no matter what company, cause it will grow with you if you grow :wink: and your range a of motion/movement is not hampered. Oh, yes, they are titanium lined. For easy pulling on wear a lycra suit or even nylons to pull it on. Actually when I do Bonne Terre Mines I wear long john, then my lycra then my suit, it is all easy to put on and let me remind you mine is not stretch and I am perfectly comfortable.

iluvdiving:
Going to Galapagos next year. Also planning some other cooler water dives this spring. Thus, need a 7mm. However, being a female who is ummmm, naturally well-endowed . . . but relatively slim elsewhere . . . this is proving to be a challenge. It is one thing to maneuver myself into a rental for a day. But, for a week of diving, I'd like to find something that I don't feel exhausted after pulling it on. (I'm doing my open water cert for Rescue Diver this weekend and was being fitted for a 7 mm through my shop. I almost needed the help of an EFR after the effort expended pulling it on.)

Anyone have any suggestions? My husband has used the 7 mm with, I think, a titanium lining. He said the lining made it super easy to slide on/off. Do they make these for women? Is there a particular brand I should be looking for?

Any help is appreciated.
Jen

With respect to the "stretch" type of wet suits, just remember that there is only "X" amount of material. When you stretch it out to fit one part, you lose it somewhere else. The more you stretch it, the thinner it gets thus reducing the original thermal protection element.

I much prefer function over fashion, but even saying that, I think you can get some zippy colors in the ladies' wet suits from ScubaL.

But that's just my opinion.

the K

Hey Jen,

As Kraken said, there are several places that make custorm wetsuits sometimes less expensive than an off the rack job.

http://www.aquaflite.com

http://www.liquidfit.com

I'm leaning towards the former myself, simply because of aesthetics. Print off the measurement sheets, schlepp over to a tailor or seamstress and give them a couple of bucks to measure the dimensions for you. Pretty quick turn around as well.

Good luck!

Jack

How cold is the water tyou plan on diving. A hyperstretch may be a good choice or a custom suit as mentioned above.

iluvdiving:

Any help is appreciated.
Jen
You might try a Harvey's FLEX. I work in a LDS part time and we have found them to be great for fitting women.
Good luck

I have a SeaQuest 7mm one piece w/ back zip intended for an hourglass shape, getting into it is a pain though.

iluvdiving:

Any help is appreciated.
Jen

I have the same "problem" you do. I tried many different wetsuits and settled on the Henderson Hyperstretch. It stretches in all the necessary places but fits well everywhere else. It is easy to get on and off too. The extra money for this wetsuit is definitely worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom