help fast...how to freeze lobster tails?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do not freeze it with any liquids...
take it and wrap it in siram wrap first, and then pop into a bag and get as much air out as possible, toss in a dry paper towel to absorb the moisture and avaid icecles from forming, and you will be ok. (learned that a le courdon bleu cullinary school!!)

Why should the lobsters NOT be frozen in liquid? The once you get in the shops and the ones hotels use here IS frozen in saltwater?

Black-Gorrilla:
do not freeze it with any liquids...
take it and wrap it in siram wrap first, and then pop into a bag and get as much air out as possible, toss in a dry paper towel to absorb the moisture and avaid icecles from forming, and you will be ok. (learned that a le courdon bleu cullinary school!!)

No matter how many paper towels you throw in there you will not get out all the moisture. The lobster itself is a lot of moisture. I guess there are 10 different ways to go about doing the same thing, But all i know is a little salt water in a ziploc bag has never failed me.

we usually rip the tail off ream it with the antenna clean out the carpus and vac-pack the hole thing and then freeze them. we have it down especially after last season.

IMG_0055.jpg

HowardE:
We got one of these vacuum sealers...
0005389110067_L4.jpg

and you get a pair of end cutting dykes (wire cutters) to cut the sharp points off of the lobster tails so that they don't puncture the vacuum seal bags. :wink:

They stay for a long time that way (enough to get you through the long off season) :D

What he said, I have one too and they work great, even better for preserving fish.

bigfrog23:
..... we have it down especially after last season.

IMG_0055.jpg

Nice cooler contents !!

JackSpearo:
I'm back home in SC now (16 lobsters later). I've been keeping them on dry ice the whole time...

what should I do with them now?

just freeze them? or put them in water and freeze them?

thanks

Jack

Suggest leaving them on the lobster.

Alive

In the ocean...

:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom