help fast...how to freeze lobster tails?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm back home in SC now (16 lobsters later). I've been keeping them on dry ice the whole time...

what should I do with them now?

just freeze them? or put them in water and freeze them?

thanks

Jack

funny story I have to add.

We went diving one day and on the AM charter Roger caught a HUGE lobster. Now there was no time between charters to take the lobster home so the op owner said we could throw it in his freezer. We did.

When we came back from the second charter the op owner said we should have told the office girl about the lobster. It was banging around in the freezer and she thought the place was spooked.

Immediately send them to my home address. There is no reason any bugs should have to be subjected to such shock!!!!

Congratulations Jack! You did great. We filled a cooler full of bugs also.

This is Chuckitall, Tropical_Diver, Amazz & myself

IMG_0793.jpg

man I had the prod I made, basically like yours and also a homemade snare, but what worked the very best for me was the black tickle stick that you can buy at any dive shop...

it worked so well that it now has a new name

Black Magic...!!!! cause it will make them bugs magically appear in the lobster hotel!

haha corny I know, but it worked wonders...

We got one of these vacuum sealers...
0005389110067_L4.jpg

and you get a pair of end cutting dykes (wire cutters) to cut the sharp points off of the lobster tails so that they don't puncture the vacuum seal bags. :wink:

They stay for a long time that way (enough to get you through the long off season) :D

JackSpearo:
man I had the prod I made, basically like yours and also a homemade snare, but what worked the very best for me was the black tickle stick that you can buy at any dive shop...

it worked so well that it now has a new name

Black Magic...!!!! cause it will make them bugs magically appear in the lobster hotel!

haha corny I know, but it worked wonders...
Well, Black Magic is obviously working out well for you :)

Freeze in a bag of salt water(water with some sea salt mixed in), or Vacuum pack with a piece of cardboard/paper towel underneath so you don't lose a seal with the spikes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom