Help? Dome Port Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
BINGO...I called.

I need shorter clips.

which I found in the box.

I bought two expansion rings, I only need one. Ikelite no longer sells the dome port assembled with the ring. (like mine was) Now, they are sold seperately. This has contributed to some confusion, they say. They also said it takes two people to unscrew the dome. They volunteered that, so it must be an issue with more than just you.

If you've been using your thighmaster you can do it by yourself. Hold the dome (with the cover on) between you knees. Then you can use two hands to unscrew the port body. Worked for me.

ha ha.

hey, why do you have to unscrew it anyway?

Oh..to clip it on! duh.

Now I get it. I was trying to clip it from the outside. Is this an IQ test?

NO!... you don't unscrew it to clip it on the housing! You only have to unscrew it to change the body. There are different length bodies so you can use different lenses with the same dome. Since you have two of the same bodies, there is no need to change them. With the short body that you have, you don't really clip the body to the housing. You set the clips to the locked position then align the cut outs or notches in the body so the port will slide into position. Once it is seated, turn or “twist” the port until the clips are holding the body in place. This set up kind of turns the clip lock port into a cam lock port. Hope this makes sense.

Hidroj:
I took some time this morning to shoot this pictures.
Hope they help. As you see, the body IS unscrewable.
:wink:
Jordi

8_Dome_Step1.jpg

Okey I know very little about photography but I just have 1 question...

How did you take the picture with both hands full????:huh:

Hehe... was breaking Newton's Gravity Law, was the only way to take that picture. Don't recommend you to try it on your own...
:eyebrow:
Jordi

PS: Did you hear something about tripods? You use the camera's self-timer and you have 10 seconds (or more) to prepare for a shot with both hands in front of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom