Help - Dive boot difficult to remove from JetFin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmcdarris

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought 3mm Akona booties and got a new pair of Jetfins. Both fit me perfectly; however,the Akona bootie, like many on the market, have the rubber top and rubber sole. I have used both the booties and the Jetfins in the local quarry on about 20 dives where I was standing and putting them on and off. I noticed they were difficult to get on/off but hadn’t put further thought into it. This past weekend I dove off the coast of NC. I always remove my fins before coming up the boat ladder. Problem was I had a HECK of a time getting the Jetfins off. It’s one thing standing in the quarry, it is another floating in the ocean with no way to stabilze.

Any suggestions on how to modify my booties to make the rubber top slick?

Try this, get a pot of that thick silicone grease and lube and rag polish both. Your jet fins will gleam, if you kept the rubber straps instead of springs they will now be adjustable, and everything will last longer (not for the neoprene, just the rubber). I lubed my fins when bought.

Some folks have been using a silicone spray to solve this problem.

I drilled 2 drainage holes in the toe cap to facilitate water drainage. This also helped with the suction I was getting between my boot and fin. They were drilled at the lowest portion of the foot pocket.

I drilled 2 drainage holes in the toe cap to facilitate water drainage. This also helped with the suction I was getting between my boot and fin. They were drilled at the lowest portion of the foot pocket.

This is the solution......no pun intended or insinuated.

Reflecting on it, it probably was a vacuum issue. I will try drilling the holes first. MANY THANKS to all replies!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom