Help Choose Dive Ops. / Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAPADIDM:
Well this is bad new, I am going down and staying at the Iberostar, with their dive package I'm sure run by dressel dive ops.

Can you tell me why the negative feed back on them, boats, sites, attitudes?
This will be my first trip to Coz, I probably can't fix the two tank dives as part of the package.

Your honest feed back would be appreciated, or any advice on how to prevent a negative experience.

Thanks,

Chuck

I was in Cozumel at the end of January/early February.

I did NOT stay at Iberostar, but the dive operation I used also picked-up another couple of divers at Iberostar. So, on 2 occasions, I was on a dive boat approaching the Iberostar pier to pick-up divers.

What I saw and heard turned me off to that place and I'll never stay there. They were rude to the captain of our boat and they hassled us. Both days, they went out of their way to make it difficult to pick-up their guests from their pier.

I've also read on SB that they impose absurdly unreasonable demands upon dive operations who want to pick-up guests from their pier.

I hope you manage to sort out your trip and that wherever you go, you enjoy. Good luck.

Michael

We stayed at ScubaClub Cozumel and I give it very high marks. Good food and plenty of it at hours that make sense for divers (even those that do night dives). Decent, clean rooms, with easy access everything you need for diving. There are no TVs or phones in the rooms, which is a bit of a drag, but if you're doing 4 or 5 dives a day, who cares?

The shore diving in front of the resort is pretty crappy during the day ... consists mostly of man-made junk which was sunk ... but really nice at night when all the critters come in to hide out in it...aside from the usual lobsters and octos there were lots of squid and the largest (4') pufferfish that I've ever seen.

The staff of the resort are very friendly and seem genuinely committed to making your stay a great one. The boats are well maintained and fast, and seem to run on consistently on time. Overall and 'A' experience.

Christi:
Actually, the Reef Club is SOUTH of town along with several other of the all-inclusive resorts.

J75, you have the right attitude. If you are going to stay at an all-inclusive, don't expect a five-star gourmet meal every night...unless of course they are advertising this and you are paying a high ticket price for it. Otherwise, AI's are not known to have excellent food. It's always amazed me that people expect anything other than medicocre food at an all-inclusive resort. You are getting a value and for what you pay to stay at the Reef Club, if you don't like the food, you can still justify going into town a couple of times for a good meal.

I also always wonder, are people here to eat or dive?

I am there to do both !!!
I myself like to stay in or near town.
so many excellent places to eat, get a drink, just hang out.
Yes the cruise boat traffic is a pain ( Thrusday is the worst I think ) but there gone by 5:00. So if your out diving who cares.

I tried an all inclusive once, not my style ( to each there own ) as I love good food almost as much as diving and Cozumel has a lot of fine food. Cheap too !

It's for the same reason I don't do most Buffet type places when I am at home.
the idea is to give you lots and not cost them to much, the food in this case is an expense.

Just My thoughts.
Planning my dives and my menu for Aug.

michaelc:
I am there to do both !!!
I myself like to stay in or near town.
so many excellent places to eat, get a drink, just hang out.
Yes the cruise boat traffic is a pain ( Thrusday is the worst I think ) but there gone by 5:00. So if your out diving who cares.

I tried an all inclusive once, not my style ( to each there own ) as I love good food almost as much as diving and Cozumel has a lot of fine food. Cheap too !

It's for the same reason I don't do most Buffet type places when I am at home.
the idea is to give you lots and not cost them to much, the food in this case is an expense.

Just My thoughts.
Planning my dives and my menu for Aug.

Staying at FA August 5-13 :) Cant wait, any idea where your staying?

The trip is book and will be there in less than a week. By this time next week, I'll be doing my first dive with Blue XT and then staying at Hotel Cozumel. I'll do my trip report when I return. Anyone going to be there at the same time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom